Any Brothers near East Texas?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richmondesi

Reaction score
Being a newbie, I was thinking that it would be really nice to be able to meet up with some of the guys that have been smoking a pipe for a while and get a chance to learn a little something and share a few smokes. If there is anybody in or near East Texas, I would really like to try to do this...

What do you say?

I used to be, but live in Western NC now. Lived in Longview. Where are you?

I lived in Texas for many years, Abilene and DFW area. I frequently hunted East Texas, Fannin County, Coffee Mill Lake area about 5 miles south of the Red River. I helped build the Science labs at the junior college in Athens, Tx. You are blessed indeed to live in East Texas, a beautiful part of that "Other Country" in North America known as the Republic of Texas :D

:pipe:

aaronbtxnc":tlvfxi5u said:
I used to be, but live in Western NC now. Lived in Longview. Where are you?
Crockett. I work in Longview sometimes though

kilted1":v94590hk said:
I lived in Texas for many years, Abilene and DFW area. I frequently hunted East Texas, Fannin County, Coffee Mill Lake area about 5 miles south of the Red River. I helped build the Science labs at the junior college in Athens, Tx. You are blessed indeed to live in East Texas, a beautiful part of that "Other Country" in North America known as the Republic of Texas :D

:pipe:
Yes, I am. I love it here.

richmondesi":csnt8sss said:
Being a newbie, I was thinking that it would be really nice to be able to meet up with some of the guys that have been smoking a pipe for a while and get a chance to learn a little something and share a few smokes. If there is anybody in or near East Texas, I would really like to try to do this...

What do you say?
I'm in south Texas, but I like to hit the highway when I'm on vacation. I'll keep you posted if I'm ever in the area. I was in San Antonio messing around a couple of weeks ago.

Thought about driving up to Dallas for a basketball game last week, but talked myself out of it.

Well Outlaw, I'll be headed to Fredericksburg in the not-too-distant future. Maybe we can get together!

richmondesi":gur7eogi said:
Well Outlaw, I'll be headed to Fredericksburg in the not-too-distant future. Maybe we can get together!
That's just north of San Antone, right? Give me a date, so I can see if I can get the time off. Weekends are good for me!

This would be awesome; there was much talk in my other forum about a Texas Gettogether, and I even drove up to sa, BUT no one showed, which was fine with me. Great weekend at the Humidor and catching a comedy show (Rodney Carrington).

I'm fairly certain thats near SA. Also, if I'm remembering correctly there is a disc course there. You play frisbee golf?

I was born in southeast Texas, Newton to be exact. Little blip on the map. It was real pretty country. If they'd get rid of the humidity, the water moccasins and the giant flying bugs I'd love to go back :lol:

Puff Daddy":x9hitad3 said:
I was born in southeast Texas, Newton to be exact. Little blip on the map. It was real pretty country. If they'd get rid of the humidity, the water moccasins and the giant flying bugs I'd love to go back :lol:
I used to live in Newton. Almost all of my family is from the Sycamore community just east of Burkeville... Too funny. I left there when I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade. I bet you know some of my family :penguin:

Texas Outlaw":0s1vzxa5 said:
richmondesi":0s1vzxa5 said:
That's just north of San Antone, right? Give me a date, so I can see if I can get the time off. Weekends are good for me!

This would be awesome; there was much talk in my other forum about a Texas Gettogether, and I even drove up to sa, BUT no one showed, which was fine with me. Great weekend at the Humidor and catching a comedy show (Rodney Carrington).

I'm fairly certain thats near SA. Also, if I'm remembering correctly there is a disc course there. You play frisbee golf?
I never have played frisbee golf, but it seems fun. I don't know the date yet, but my buddy and I are planning to start mountain climbing, and we are gonna make a trip out there to do some rock climbing. I'll keep you posted though.

richmondesi":ovrhmr6k said:
I used to live in Newton. Almost all of my family is from the Sycamore community just east of Burkeville... Too funny. I left there when I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade. I bet you know some of my family :penguin:
Doubt it, last time I was there I was 6 or 7. My family has been there for ages. We even have our own family cemetery there in town (Daniels). In fact, the reason my Texas family kind of walked away from us (mom, brother and I) when dad died was because we wouldn't ship his body back there to be buried. Pissed em off real good I guess. Haven't heard from any of em since, been over 30 years.

richmondesi":w5iq8pll said:
Texas Outlaw":w5iq8pll said:
richmondesi":w5iq8pll said:

I never have played frisbee golf, but it seems fun. I don't know the date yet, but my buddy and I are planning to start mountain climbing, and we are gonna make a trip out there to do some rock climbing. I'll keep you posted though.
That's sounds fun too. I may be too fat to do that, or I'd inquire about coming along. If you ever want to play Disc, I have enough frisbees for us all.

Puff Daddy":uy72gqfy said:
richmondesi":uy72gqfy said:
Doubt it, last time I was there I was 6 or 7. My family has been there for ages. We even have our own family cemetery there in town (Daniels). In fact, the reason my Texas family kind of walked away from us (mom, brother and I) when dad died was because we wouldn't ship his body back there to be buried. Pissed em off real good I guess. Haven't heard from any of em since, been over 30 years.
I promise you that our families know each other... I just don't know how yet :lol!:

There aren't enough people there for them not to!

Oh I'm sure you're right, it's just that you and I wouldn't know any of them :lol:

I live on Lake Conroe not far from the Willis exit off 45 if you ever go to Houston. I'd be terribly boring for you as I am retired and an old codger but I have smoked the pipe for 39 years and would be glad to share my experience and a bowl of tobacco with you sometime.