Any Daniel Boone Fans Here?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiemike

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
The coonskin cap was a substitute for a beaverskin cap, when a beaverskin cap could not be located when a print was being made using a stand-in. Later when the TV show was made they continued using the wrong hat.

Daniel Boone was just one of many legends opening up the Kentucky lands and others to the west of New England. A very interesting book was done a few years ago that makes a great read. A lot of photos. Maybe a library can get it for you, as it's a bit pricey. Into the Bluegrass, Art & Artistry of Kentucky's Historic Icons. by Mel Hankla.

There is a Youtube about the book that is over an hour long. What some of those guys did back then was just unbelievable. There is a section about Squire Boone. I am sure Daniel is mentioned in there. But then, Daniel has so many books about just him. So you know, I am a Signature Supporter of the book.

Boone's son said that Daniel did not like the coonskin headgear and never wore one. On the other hand, Davy Crockett's daughter wrote that Davy did wear one at least some of the time.

The coonskin cap was a substitute for a beaverskin cap, when a beaverskin cap could not be located when a print was being made using a stand-in. Later when the TV show was made they continued using the wrong hat.

Daniel Boone was just one of many legends opening up the Kentucky lands and others to the west of New England. A very interesting book was done a few years ago that makes a great read. A lot of photos. Maybe a library can get it for you, as it's a bit pricey. Into the Bluegrass, Art & Artistry of Kentucky's Historic Icons. by Mel Hankla.

There is a Youtube about the book that is over an hour long. What some of those guys did back then was just unbelievable. There is a section about Squire Boone. I am sure Daniel is mentioned in there. But then, Daniel has so many books about just him. So you know, I am a Signature Supporter of the book.
Wow Carlos great information and resources thanks. :cool:(y)

https://www.intothebluegrass.net/

Last edited: