Any SoCal pipemakers want to meet up? and make pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorringowl

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just wanted to put this out there. I have a small woodworking shop in L.A. (with a bunch of tools) and I was wondering if there are any pipe makers, or people interested in pipe making, in the So Cal area that would like to get together (in my shop) and make some pipes (or, at least, attempt to--haha) sometime in the near future?

So...anyone interested in starting a pipe making club? This could be a regular thing. Let me know if this is something you So Cal pipers might be interested in. And, oh yeah, I have a little patio outside my shop where, after a long day of pipe making we can sit down and have a smoke.
Thanks,
Frank

I'd be interested. I have no skill or know how whatsoever, but I would like to see if it's something I could do.

Damn.... Now i wish i still lived in San Diego. But on an off note i'm about to make my first cuts on my own pipe project... hope i don't mess it up. Wish me luck!!!!!

Hey Harlock,
Skill or know how not required (I barely have those as well) just an interest (and maybe some briar or at least a pipe kit) and we'll be off to a start.

Klbx, good luck with your project! I wish we all could be California...burls?...(tried to make it pipe related but..).

Anyone else in SoCal interested in getting together to make pipes (and a bit of marchin' up and down the square)?

Note sure if I have the skills or time to get in to pipemaking, but it sure sounds interesting.

Either way, I'm in LA. Curious how many folks on this site are in/around the area.

Sounds fun. I wouldn't mind a little road trip. I'll be excited to see who all would be interested. And I do have some briar blocks but very little know-how to go with them!

The SoCal pipe making club meeting was a great success. Pipes, and plenty of jokes were made!
Great pizza too!
Thanks again Frank, can't wait for the next meeting!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

soooooo, wanna do it again? I would love to meet y'all

rev

Not to bump an old thread, but if this is still going on I'd love to get involved.

I'm game!

Even if we don't meet for monthly meetings, collect dues, have presentations and award ceremonies (do you really need to?) gathering to look at pipes, sample mixtures and compare smoking stories should happen.

Oldbear

Hey Guys! Just so happens, I was thinking of getting this up an running again in the early part of next year, so, thanks for your interest and enthusiasm.

To be honest, Im a little scattered right now, and it's been an extremely busy year with orders (and trying to take Sorringowl & Sons to the next level) but I'm very anxious to get back at making pipes and meeting up again, hopefully, at least, once a month.

I've also been thinking about organizing a workspace where we can make some awesome pipes, and hang together for caveman time (although, I would welcome "cavewomen" who are also interested in making pipes as well), so, if anyone might want to help out with that, I'd be eternally grateful.

Post here, or PM me with your interest, and we'll try to get the ball rolling on this.

Thanks!

I am busy 4th Fridays and most Saturday evenings, almost any other time should be OK.

Oldbear