Any Solani 656 Aged Burley fans out there?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I opened a tin earlier in the week and now it's really getting good and strong! I guess it needed to dry out a litle...

Not particularly a fan, but I do enjoy the occasional bowl of it. It isn't very moist in the tin, but improved a lot when I dried it even further. Also, this is a flake I don't like to fold 'n stuff. I slowly slice it up in small pieces until it resembles a ready rubbed mixture. I find that it burns more pleasantly that way.

Finished my first tin of it a few weeks back. While I'm not a big burley fan, I really enjoyed this blend.

pipetongue1":entq8zb1 said:
Peretti's Somerset slices is better, Ken :tongue:
Yes, I've seen you mention that before. I just might give it a go to expand into this genre. I know you are a Burley expert, hahaha. Thanks!

It's been one of my top 5 ever since I first tried it. Truth is I like all the Solani's I've tried so far. SF, 633, 656, and even 127 every now and then.

Good tobacco,,,(hows that for an honest, unflowery, straight forward, no nonsense, unsophisticated, unpretentious, concise, understandable, nonwavering review?)

mark":q15zsbm3 said:
Good tobacco,,,(hows that for an honest, unflowery, straight forward, no nonsense, unsophisticated, unpretentious, concise, understandable, nonwavering review?)
Yep! Much less BS to sift through than some reviews, hahahaha....

I really like ABF, but I'm gonna agree with Ken on this one. Somerset slice is the best burley in that style that I've had.

I think Falconer has dropped some in the mail for me, cant wait to give it a whirl, especially after what I have just read!

I know to Ken somerset Slices is better... but to me Solani Aged Burley is the crem de la creme..
Smooooooooooth.

Somerset set me on fire like a 2 dolla bag of Capt Black.

I like #656, but after a while the light chocolate topping wears on me. I prefer Burley Flakes 2,3,4, and Wessex Sliced.