Any Tom Selleck / Jesse Stone Fans out there?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anasazi6

Reaction score
Are there any fans of the Tom Selleck / Jesse Stone mysteries out there. I've always liked the setting for the stories, kind of dark and moody. They have a great cast and music score also.

DC in Texas

I do. I like the series, and Selleck is one of the few male actors who actually looks like a man. Brad Pitt is a boy. Matt Damon is a boy. Tom Hanks is a boy. Anyone know what the hell I'm talkin' about? After Sean Connery kicks, who will be left to portray an intelligent, strong male? Muscle-bound action boys don't qualify. There must be others; I just can't think of any.

I know what you mean. Other than Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot and Tommy Lee Jones most of today's actors just don't make it. Maybe Harrison Ford. Oh, and Clint Eastwood. But these guys are even older than I am and that's saying a lot.

DC in Texas

I've always been a big Tom Selleck fan,
from his spots as "Lance White" on The
Rockford Files to Magnum PI to
Blue Bloods and everything in between.
I like the Jesse Stone movies, too.
Loved Quigley Down Under.

Richard Burley":4aua3o51 said:
I do. I like the series, and Selleck is one of the few male actors who actually looks like a man. Brad Pitt is a boy. Matt Damon is a boy. Tom Hanks is a boy. Anyone know what the hell I'm talkin' about? After Sean Connery kicks, who will be left to portray an intelligent, strong male? Muscle-bound action boys don't qualify. There must be others; I just can't think of any.
Maybe Hugh Jackman or Viggo Mortensen? Viggo was amazing & frightening in Eastern Promises.

Anasazi6":wwzw4dpa said:
Are there any fans of the Tom Selleck / Jesse Stone mysteries out there. I've always liked the setting for the stories, kind of dark and moody. They have a great cast and music score also.

DC in Texas
Count me as a fan. We DVR the flicks and rum our own weekend Jesse Stone Marathons here.