Anybody had any experience with these Icarus pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Doody

Reaction score
SmokingPipes.com":0wq0wu0d said:
Icarus is the brain-child of Todd Johnson, master pipe artisan and President/CEO of BriarWorks International, and was conceived with the simple goal of creating a brand of pipes which would deliver a combination of exacting engineering and superlative smoking qualities heretofore unseen in factory produced briars
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Icarus/

I'm a big fan of their volcano shape. I'm guessing they want to be "one better" than Savinelli based on price-point and designs (?).

But curious to know if they ARE "one better", y'know?

Xoxo,
Doody

002-680-0088.jpg

That is a great looking pipe. I have had no experience with them at all. Hopefully, someone here can chime in on this brand.

I don't own one but, Todd Johnson is a well known fine pipe-maker and I would think
it would smoke just as well as his trade mark pipes and you'd be more then happy.
If I would see one that ecstatically pleases me I would surely try and purchase it, for
what ever that's worth. ;)

Dunno, but they talk the talk. At the price, I'd give 'em a shot. You go first. :clown:

I've eyeballed the bejebus out of them. Someone bite the bullet, buy one, send it to me, I'll smoke it, and give a report on its quality...

Hey, it was worth a shot. Right? :scratch:

puros_bran":mhmzwsi6 said:
I've eyeballed the bejebus out of them.   Someone bite the bullet, buy one, send it to me, I'll smoke it, and give a report on its quality...

Hey, it was worth a shot. Right? :scratch:
SURE! As soon as I find a buyer for this load of post holes I've got.

Mr. Doody":hezs4c0h said:
Brewdude":hezs4c0h said:
Ya, but did you snag it already???
No. I have what professionals call "willpower".

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Xoxo,
Doody
All very well and all, but at the same time while you are hemming and hawing someone else might grab this.

I say this because it's happened to me a bunch of times.

And no, I won't be the one to snag it.

Cheers,

RR

I bet you guys stood at the end of the diving board, looking back over your shoulder at your momma! :roll:

I would go ahead and take one for the team, but I have too many irons in the fire on ebay right now!

They are factory pipes. This one is one of a hundred exactly like it.

I am sure they smoke brilliantly.

rev

the rev":18p22f8p said:
They are factory pipes. This one is one of a hundred exactly like it.
rev
Correct there Rev.
They do have some interesting shapes, all the rage right now with collectors and younger smokers. I am not in that category, as my preference lately has been for the old classic shapes. The price point IMO is pretty good and I imagine that they will do well. However I have seen some of these Icarus/Neptune pipes that go as high as $400.