Anybody hear of Kriswell pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTX_1800

Reaction score
I found a Kriswell that looks pretty good. I found it on cupajoes
Since I am a new member, I can't post the link.

Does anybody here smoke a Kriswell? How do they smoke?

VTX_1800

I own one Kriswell pipe. A super smoker. A Chief, a large smoth billard that's about 40 years old. this model cost about $9.00 in the 70ties.but if you compare the briar to what is being produced today, you might think it was a $200.00 Pipe.These pipes were made in Denmark produced by Stanwell.Today Nording is marketing that brand name, and i have no idea of the quality.

"There's a strory behind every bowl"

I had two Kriswells back a few years ago. As I recall, both were great smokers. Mine were older, original, Kriswells and, at the time, were roughly the equivalent to Stanwells. The newer ones are made by Nording, I think. Good luck.

I have one from years back a fine pipe! New stock looks to be good for the price.

Kriswill pipes are fine pieces that are excellent smokes and the majority of them were quite popular and sold during the 1960s and 70s if I am correct. I still own several and most are of a smaller size, approx. Group 3 or group 4.
I believe you would like the pipe. Go for it.

Do you mean Kriswell Or Kriswill? I have three kriswills two from the sixties
( Kriswill stamped in script on the stem and blt ) one from the seventies ( Kriswill stamped in block letters on the stem ) love the pipes the two older ones small bowls great for flake have thin walls and can get quite warm to the touch but great smokes. The older one has a larger bowl and also smokes great. You can not go wrong with the older Kriswills. I do no know anything about Kriswells except that I have seen some that were made in France. Hope this helps you. MIKE G.