Anyone a "prepper"? (At least well prepared?)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all the same stuff as everyone else, back pack, camp stove, canteens, knives, paracord, p38 can openers, first aid, bible, sleep system, boots, and so on. One cool thing that I picked up is a bunch of water bricks. http://www.waterbrick.org/ They hold 3 1/2 gallons of water and can be stacked like legos. As you know water weighs 8 pounds per gallon, so they are also a lot easier to move than a 30 or 50 gallon barrel. If you have to you can stack them in the trunk of your car with no problem. I had 14 of them in the trunk of my car and still had room for other stuff.

I don't really consider myself a prepper but I do believe in self reliance, I plan to fortify my home if need be

for the coffee drinkers a perculator that could be used on a camp fire ,woodstove or in a fireplace. Prepping don't have to revolve around a huge catastrophy, but something as loosing power for awhile.

There's a magazine called "The Backwoodsman" that covers a lot of primative living skills, survival, woodslore and self reliance. Good projects using common materials. Kind of a 30s-40s old style feel to the articles.

http://www.backwoodsmanmag.com/

I have my portable Dvd player, and all the seasons of "Man Vs Wild" with Bear Grylls.

Just kidding :lol:

I don't have a singular pack, but everything is within grabbing reach. Most of my camping equipment is in my car to start (Tent, sleeping bags, firestarters, water bottles, a fishing pole and tackle box, hatchets, knives, para cord, blankets, compasses, there's even a slingshot in there, and more I can't think of right away).
Now I would just have to grab a few pipes and tobacco, my Romanian Training rifle (.22) and my Iver Johnson 20, and all rounds I got for it, A few seasonal clothing items, boots, dog, dog food, I'd just dump the medicine cabinet into a sack, and my pretty girlfriend. We'd be set, provided that we're traveling by car for as long as we can...
Zach

Another thing I though of is a book on wild plants, their uses ect. that could be benificial for food, medical usage.

Another thing I would like to do is add a slingshot, being in the automotive repair buisness I have access to ball bearing from old hub bearings, cv axels ect I already have a box full of bearings just need to pick up a sling shot next time I am in VA.