Anyone else into the Euro Stanwells?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
I've been looking at some of these for a couple of years, Stanwell pipes in shapes that are not released in the states. These are convertible pipes in that they are drilled for 9mm filters but they come with the adapters so they can be smoked sans filter - I've been wondering how well they smoke with the adapter in, what the airway is like (open?), and are they a pain to keep clean because of the adapter......... ? They certainly do have some really nice shapes like the new Blowfish, the bent ball and the large rhodesian, and the new S Bang designer line bent brandy 8)

Anyone have any of these?

Puff Daddy":ydb30mg6 said:
I've been wondering ... are they a pain to keep clean because of the adapter......... ?
I've received a few from people who left the adapter in for an extended period, then cracked the thin wall of the tenon trying to remove it. I'd say either clean it (and the chamber it fits into) regularly, or don't use it at all.

That little bent ball is a real pisser! I love it!

I love that blowfish! I wish they made them without the filter! i'd buy one.

That bent ball knows my name and is whispering to me,,,,I haven't seen that shape before,,,,,tell me more,,,

I don't have any experience with these, however, other filter pipes I've owned, I simply removed the filter and used no adapter. I don't know if that works in this case.

I agree though, there are some mighty fine looking shapes there.

mark":8t1gjrb0 said:
That bent ball knows my name and is whispering to me,,,,I haven't seen that shape before,,,,,tell me more,,,
Well, in the name of pure scientific investigation ( ;) ) I bought that one :D :tongue:

Apparently they are pretty common, I found this one at Rajek's house of smoke in Germany. Got it for $97 dollars including shipping. I've seen several european sellers offering these but rajek's appeared to have the best prices and shipping rates. I actually had my eye on that blowfish over on pipesmoke.eu but their shipping is almost $40. Besides, I thought I'd better leave that one for Regor ;) Wouldn't want him comin up here from Arizona to kick my butt :affraid:

I'll post some impressions once I smoke it. Hopefully i won't take more than about a week to get here.....

Puff Daddy,,,You are EVIL,,,,,,that bent ball is a 252 royal prince ?,,,,,

Puff Daddy":qqkac2as said:
Well, in the name of pure scientific investigation ( ;) ) I bought that one :D :tongue:
I'll post some impressions once I smoke it. Hopefully i won't take more than about a week to get here.....
I appreciate the sacrifice on the altar of science you are making for the benefit your fellow man in the western hemisphere :p

I can only hope that you have 'spotters' just in case :twisted:

Myself: I've left my body to Science Fiction :affraid:

Jim,

You do have excellent taste in pipes. Everything from your Hedgie,Castellos and Bang right on down to your recent Stanwell purchases are great. Each appears to have been cafefully choosen with an astute eye for fluidity of design. The Stanwell ball you bought proves that folks don't have to spend a fortune to buy a well made and aesthetically pleasing pipe.

Thank you so much for providing that link. It keeps this "Southern Gentleman" from having to saddle up the Harley and head west. I love that ball shape. Gotta have one!!!! :pirat:

OMG!!!! Just went to the website. Does anyone know where I can find a sponser for PAD Anonymous...or a bank handing out low interest loans?

I said it in another thread but I really like the silver logo on the Euro market Stanwells vs. the gold on the American market pipes.

Used Euro-Stans are on ebay pretty often (some guy in Australia seems to sell a lot of them). Thanks for taking the leap, PD, and when you get it and realize that you don't like the whole filter thing, sell it to me at a deep discount! I kinda like them. :mrgreen:

Natch