Anyone every smoke any Mullingars Old Scariff?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutshot

Reaction score
A friend gave me an old tin of Mullingar's Old Scariff Scottish Blend which I have never seen or heard of and it is excellent to say the least. It is a tobacco that is no longer produced. Has anyone else tried it? If so I would love to know what your opinion is. Oh, and if any of you have a tin that you want to get rid of... let me know I'll take it off your hands! :lol:

The tin doesnt say what is in it but I believe it is a yellow Virginia with some very light Orientals. It has the sweet taste of a Virginia and a soft spiciness to the Orientals that has more of an underlying taste.

A couple of years ago I smoked a tin of Old Scariff from the 60s that looked like the tin available on Pipe Stud's page - Pipe Stud's shop Even though the tin was sealed the tobacco was quite dry when first opened and I had to rehydrate it. I didn't write any notes, but my memory recalls it to have been very mild and smooth brown VA with a faint spicy note. It may have been orientals but at the time I guessed it to be a spicy topping such as allspice or similar. Though it was a nice tobacco, for me it's not worth the $30 to $50 dollars a tin sales price these days.

Jim