Anyone get their Angler's Dream?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaydeG

Reaction score
Thanks, Russ. Got mine today and can't wait to fire up a bowl tonight. I wonder what beverage it pairs up with?
Anyone tried this yet. Smelled great out of the pouch/zip lock.

Yes, mine came in today as well. Thank You very much, Russ!

I haven't tried it yet, but I will later this evening.
I'll come back tonight and give my initial thoughts and impressions.

Yeah, it rolled in yesterday,,pretty generous ounce and a half,,,,,haven't lit it yet

Mine arrived today. It looks like a good ounce or so. The appearance and smell is certainly consistent with what Russ promised -- it fairly screams "drugstore burley." The aromatic note isn't strong at all, and reminds me strongly of a similar blend made by Gatlinburlier called Mountain Mall Mix.
Anyhow, I'm lookng forward to digging into this in the next couple of days.

Well after reading the post I just returned from the walk to the mailbox only to find it empty.

But sounds like I should see it soon, :cheers:

I received mine yesterday as well. I packed a bowl right away and have yet to finish it. I don't know what all is in it but the nicotine is strong and it is absolutely tastey. It also smokes much better than what I am used to so I need to slow down a bit. So far it seems as this blend will be my best bet against cigarettes and may very well become a tobacco in the perminant rotation!

I read this thread and thought, damn I didn't get mine yesterday. Then I realized I didn't check my mail yesterday. Ah, yea, here is is. :D

Lestrade":6r3wgrid said:
I received mine yesterday.
Let us know how it goes...
I tried this in both a clean cob and my favorite GBD Prehistoric. Both times were okay - nothing spectacular - but okay. It's smooth after the first third and seemed to get more mellow the further into the bowl I got. Others have noted coco or cinnamon but I didn't get any notes of either. For the most part it was more on the nutty, unsweetened side and low key. As someone who has only been in the hobby less than a year, I suspect my "pipe palette" isn't highly developed. I seem to like a sweeter more robust blend.

jj1015":i910u29o said:
it fairly screams "drugstore burley."
This was my first impression when I opened the bag for a quick check of the aroma. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with the blend.

Now this is just my opinion, and everyone's palette is different. It was mild and did taste pretty good, but quite strong on the nicotine content. Overall it reminded me of a weak OTC. It's not bad, but IMO it needs something. I just haven't figured out what. Nothing really seemed to jump out at me, flavor wise.

Just to make sure, I lit up a half bowl again this evening. Same results/impressions as the first time. It isn't bad, and actually tastes pretty good - but way too mild for me...

Sorry Russ, but I promised an honest/unbiased opinion. Thanks again for the sample, i'll definitely finish the bag.

I enjoyed it. The spiciness of the cinnnimon is right up front...not the taste of it, but the spiciness. The cocoa was there in the background and went in and out of the smoke. The honey was there, but just barely. I think it could use a bit more.

The flavorings weren't overbearing, the smoke was smooth, and the baccy didn't didn't bite.

I don't know that it'll be in my regular rotation, but I enjoyed Anglers Dream. It's probably got a role on my back shelf when I just feel like reaching for something a bit different.

I am trying different packing methods and smoking methods to see if it makes a differance. Not that I don't like it the way I first smoked it, just want to see err taste if there is a differance. One thing is for sure I need money so I can order more stuff from Russ, I love the service, I love the deals,and he also has many many things other than just pipes, tobacco, and cigars.

Got mine a couple of days ago...thanks so much. I call this a semi-aromatic for a variety of reasons and am really quite impressed. Can Russ do no wrong? I think his next blend is gonna be named 'Deal With The Devil" and have a slight 'brimstone' aroma! I'm not complaining mind you. Nuthin' I'd like better than to sit back and have him keep running his typical parade of hits by me. Life be good.

I even had a chance to post a review (#2) over at the Tobacco Reviews site. In that regard, what strikes me is the very evident play of flavors...back and forth...sharp then creamy...cocoa then natural tobacco...bright then musty. And of course tbere's the perfect moisture level thing, meaning 'not very', leading to easy packing and smoking...very easy to manage. Jeez! What's not to like? The stuff smokes like a dream. :D

I got an ebb and flow of very subtle flavors of cocoa and something sweet along with the tobacco. Was a really mild smoke overall.