anyone name their pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always name personal objects. Just not that one. Yak, laugh it up. :lol:

My truck is Gretta, one of my Petes is "Dinky," and my prospector figural is "Old Boy."

I don't name them all, but when it fits, it sticks. *shrug*

8)

I don't know if this counts, I refer to my pipes as 'old friend' when I reach for them, "ahhh my old friend, time for a smoke" I say, but that's probably just me being nuts, right!?! :twisted:

Kirk Fitzgerald":6qytptmk said:
I don't know if this counts, but that's probably just me being nuts, right!?! :twisted:
The truly mad asking a silly question like that... divide by zero... :lol: :cheers: :heart:

Yak":z0reyqta said:
That was a :D , Weiss.

Not a :lol: .

:face:
I still haven't named my membrum virile. When I do, I'll make an urgent post. :lol:

8)

I sometimes call my pipes various names (and other things), but no, I haven't named any

Like when you set one down, and for some unknown reason, it falls over, dumping the pipe's contents out? "You mother-effer," might as well be their surname, then. :lol:

I could be totally wrong here, and I probably am. But I think naming inanimate objects probably started with sailing vessels or something similar. People often named them female names as they were things of beauty, and in many cases sort of companions.

I'm with Kyle here. I name all kinds of things, especially my autos. For example: My Dodge Ram is lovingly named "Baa Ram Eue." My last car's was name Lorelei (a mythical water fairy that lured men to their deaths). She was a beauty and had I kept her, she would have financially brought me to my death....BMW.

I could see myself naming a pipe as a companion and thing of beauty...but I haven't yet.

my epiphone EJ200 is named Beth

images

Kyle Weiss":m89m1cqa said:
Like when you set one down, and for some unknown reason, it falls over, dumping the pipe's contents out? "You mother-effer," might as well be their surname, then. :lol:
Yep, that sums up the experience pretty well! :shock:

I've named my two carry pistols, but I've never named a pipe. I would have to come up with a lot of names if I did. :eek:

I've tried to name pipes cars and what not. I get em say I'm gonna call you ..... Next week can't remember the name. :lol!: I'm historically bad with remembering names. It would require I label the pipes and that would be silly.

I call them all my men. When clean and racked and standing at attention we salute each other. They are all tough guys, who can take some heat and we get along quite famously together. I never leave home without taking one of them along. They always "hang" tight with me.