Anyone smoke a Parker?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SpeedyPete":dxwg1s48 said:
Cartaphilus":dxwg1s48 said:
SpeedyPete":dxwg1s48 said:
Stick":dxwg1s48 said:
Hi Pete. I was referring to the union between the stem and the shank. Looks a little open? Either way, sounds like you've landed yourself a corker...
Oh! I'm sorry  :oops:   I first want to get the pipe 100% smokable before I go into finer detail.  But, the gap isn't to big and all I have to do is take a bit off the tenon. I would like to take my time doing that because I don't want to ruin the old beast!
You may find that there is just gunk build up within the mortise so clean it up well and it may fix it's self without removing any length of the tenon.  ;) 
Spot on!  The problem was where the tenon enters the mortise and not inside the mortise itself. I've cleaned it out there and the gap is gone :D 

I thank you, my bro'  :cheers: 
You would have figured it out, I just pointed it out.

Early Parkers :)
Great buy's pete the russet's i've had have always been a lovely smoke, so fingers crossed it should be as nice & don't get me started on pipe cleaning and how the hell someone managed to smoke them, I have had some beauty's pass thru my hands ,I could go on for pages
I have just finished restoring a 1947 Parker with Pat.No for myself, will post some before & after pics as soon as i have finished installing some new studio lighting I have just bought for product pic's