Anyone tried C&D Purple cow?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlong

Reaction score
After reading about this on the tobacco review forum, I am very tempted to toss in a tin of this with my next baccy order. I love Latakia bombs and it sounds to give a good nicotene buzz. It mentions Maduro cigar leaf and I've always liked the cigar taste of Robusto so Purple Cow sounds like all my joys wrapped up in one tin.

Purple Cow is a pretty decent cigar blend. It is NOT a Lat bomb at all. Personally I prefer Robusto & Key Largo.

Purple cow and elegant emu are two of the few lat blends that i can realy enjoy that don't feauture much in the way of other orientals. Neither is what i would call a lat bomb, which is a good thing in my opinion, but it's not exactly just a condimental use of the leaf either.

The components in purple cow work well together with the cigar leaf adding just enough to make it a little bit different and interesting. Its a good blend and worth a try i think. I dont smoke it often, 2 ozs would probably last me 6 months, but i'm a pretty infrequent lat smoker.

If it's on par with Robusto and has some Latakia notes then it's probably worth a try.

I've got a tin. I like it but it's not something I smoke often. For me, it's a nice "once in awhile" smoke. I'm a pretty new pipe smoker so I can't pick out all the distintive flavors, but I can easily pick out the cigar leaf. It's pretty nice.

Purple Cow is not a regular smoke for me but I keep a couple of 2 oz. tins here on hand and smoke it occasionally. I agree with the other posters that it is not a Lat bomb at all. I taste more burley with a bit of the cigar leaf when I smoke it. I gave it three stars on TR.com. I do love the tin design, as does my wife. She has one that she keeps on the shelf for a decoration and I've got a t-shirt with the design on it.

Smokey