Anyone with Pets and a paper shredder (not for squeamish)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog Bruce

Reaction score
While Chris was @ work couple of weeks ago one of the doctors came in literally in tears. Their dog, a member of the family as ours is, had gotten his huge toungue cought in the paper shredder and activated it. The poor creature howled and whined for help until family members got their. To their dismay it was by then much to late, and the dog bled out in front of them, his toungue totally shredded to the root. This Dr. is a surgeon and I understand still turns away when pets are mentioned. General consesus is the oil used on the shredder teeth must have an attractive odor. Instead of just turning ours to off, we now un-plug it physically while not actually operating it. Apparenly this docs family kept theirs in the off position and the poor animals paw flipped it to auto as he joyfully slurrped away. I shared this hoping to maybe help someone avoid a similar terrible experience. Chris and I would be just horribly devastated if this happened to our beloved bulldog Ringo, as I am sure any of our folks here on the board would be.

Bruce

Never Forget!

Bruce, that is absolutely horrible! I don't even want to picture that in my mind! Having such a small dog now I am always terrified of something like that happening to her so I am somewhat over protective to say the least.

An interesting note because I read an article in the newspaper recently about a dog that shredded its tongue. I think that dog survived but the news made me turn off our shredder. My Griff sniffs most everything first and then gives a quick lick for confirmation. Guess I'll be unplugging from now on. Thanks!

Jim