anything better

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ftrplt":bx85e2pz said:
mw306":bx85e2pz said:
Is there anything better than a breakfast of Bacon, Eggs, Toast with some kind of homemade preserves or jams followed by a bowl full of your favorite tobacco and
a cup of coffee or two to start the day?
I'm so old I remember when eggs, bacon, and toast were a "healthy way to start the day!!" :lol!: FTRPLT
What he said.

puros_bran":wnovdeil said:
Naw, we claim ya as a Southern Bro...

(Can't get much more southern without going to antartica.)

It would be hilarious if you migrated to America... When you check marked African-American on forms it'd really freak people out.....
PB.... would that then mean I could run for President??? :lol!:

Justpipes":iuwid430 said:
I'm with Mark, cooking on the campfire, cept I'll be cooking up some fish and grits! Going out to Topsail Island to camp for a week, week after next. I am sure there will be few mornings with campfire bacon and eggs too. Probably do shrimp and grits with brown gravy one night for dinner and a Frogmore Stew one night.
JP..... and you'll be smoking......................WALNUT!!!

Hey Fellas,

This is bringing back good memories. I was born and raised in East Texas and ate my weight in soul food everyday. Every morning my dad made catheads, round breakfast sausage my grandparents made and thumb gravy. And since my family were dairy farmers, we always had plenty of whole Holstein milk.
Dinner usually consisted of a mess of some kind of greens, mustard, collard, turnip and some kind of field peas. Blackeye or purplehull all cooked with bacon grease.

I bet catheads and gravy have killed more southern men than all the wars combined.

chevy5759":z4uo76x0 said:
Hey Fellas,

I bet catheads and gravy have killed more southern men than all the wars combined.
Yes, but they all died Happy!!!!

Centurian 803":4kxap497 said:
chevy5759":4kxap497 said:
Hey Fellas,

Yes, but they all died Happy!!!!
Cutting out all the comfort foods doesn't actually make you live longer, it just makes it seem so much longer! :D

Did you hear the one about the fellow celebrating his 90th birthday and the local weekly newspaper sent out their college intern to get a human interest story. so the kid asked him all the usual things, how the world had changed during his life, what did he remember about the depression and the world war, and finally what did he credit with his long life?

The ninety year old said, "well I owe my longevity to clean living, I have never cursed, smoked, touched spiritous drink, stayed up late, nor have I fooled around with wild women."

Suddenly there is a loud banking in the front hall, a a crash of breaking glass, and a stream of profanity, accompanied by a woman's laughter.

"What's that?" asks the young reporter.

"Oh, pay it no mind, that's just my Dad and his teenage girl friend,coming in from one of his three day drunks." :joker:

Justpipes":fm4xi4ny said:
I'm with Mark, cooking on the campfire, cept I'll be cooking up some fish and grits! Going out to Topsail Island to camp for a week, week after next. I am sure there will be few mornings with campfire bacon and eggs too. Probably do shrimp and grits with brown gravy one night for dinner and a Frogmore Stew one night.
Dang it!!! You are making me hungry and jealous at the same time!!!! Enjoy the beach!!! :cheers: FTRPLT