April Fools: Player or Played

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
Hey Brothers,

In light of today, did you guys play any good practical jokes? Or did you get played?

I'll start:

I was out driving with my 10 year old, stopped at a crosswalk, put the car in park, took my seatbelt off and told her it was about time she learned how to drive. She clung to her seatbelt for dear life with no intention of moving.  :D 

When I was 10, I would have been like, "It's about time!!!".

Speaking of, here was an especially bad taste April Fool's joke that Famous Smoke sent out today in their daily e-mail spam-

kczf.jpg

They quickly withdrew it and offered an apology. Yet it probably got many very upset, and rightfully so. I'll bet a few even put in massive orders in order to "beat the deadline", which is probably what Famous wanted all along!

Pretty tasteless if you ask me!

nonono2.gif

Cheers?

RR

Yeah, I gotta side with BD nowadays.
Practical jokes aren't so funny anymore and most the time all they do is create unwanted retaliation. I like to make people laugh but,
that's not what practical jokes are about anymore.
Reckon I'm just an ole fuddy duddy nowadays although they say with age brings wisdom maybe that has something to do with it.  ;)

Actually, I'm a chicken when it comes to playing jokes on people. I don't want them played on me, and therefore never really play them on people.

This year however, my wife informed me that my kids were disappointed that April fools was here, and that no one played any tricks on them...so I did what any good father would do.  :D 

Growley":ha5pmi3b said:
Actually, I'm a chicken when it comes to playing jokes on people. I don't want them played on me, and therefore never really play them on people.

This year however, my wife informed me that my kids were disappointed that April fools was here, and that no one played any tricks on them...so I did what any good father would do.  :D 
Oh! Don't get me wrong, April Fool pranks within the family is fine.
It's others that get carried away sometimes and end up making enemies with there too far gone pranks.
If my kids where here I'd surely set them up for a brief fall but, nothing outrageous.
Suran wrap over the toilet bowl comes to mind.

Puff Daddy":qtyl57d5 said:
I liked this one  :) 

image68.jpg
Prices are more reasonable than new !!  :twisted: Besides, LIFE is just one big April Fools joke  :twisted: :twisted: 

My kids thought it was funny to say something like "OH LOOK OUT MOM! YOU HAVE A SPIDER ON YOUR SHIRT!" and then my wife would jump or flinch and then they would cackle and run away laughing...

It was funny the first couple hundred times...

So, then I said "let's go to dinner at a restaurant" then halfway there pretended to turn around said we're not going. They didn't like that until they realized I was joking.

But, I could only fool them once, they're smarter than I was, methinks. They just look at me and roll their eyes now...almost 6 and 4...can't wait til they grow up.