Are you a fan of the hamburger or hot dog?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaydeG

Reaction score
In another thread, the topic of occupations came up and I mentioned that my hobby is my hot dog stand. (www.thehotdogspot.com) I got several posts that shared they loved hot dogs. But who rules? So my question is which are you a fan of (burger or dog) and what's your favorite combo? Where is your favorite place? Mine is a natural casing Vienna Beef frank on a toasted New England style bun with bacon, grilled onions and cole slaw. Obviously from my own stand:)

By a narrow magin, I'm a dog man. In my mind, the very best burger slightly surpasses the very best frank, but for the whole rest of the spectrum hot dogs have the edge.

My top three dogs:
1. Nathan's at the original Nathan's on Coney Island, griddled, natural casing all-beef, brown mustard and maybe red onion relish.
2. Hummel Bros. (New Haven), natural casing, pork-and-beef, at any one of a half-dozen beach shacks, split to cook flat on the griddle and served on a toasted top-split bun, yellow mustard and diced raw onion.
3. Maine Red hot dog from Simone's (Lewiston, ME), "natural" (but dyed bright magenta) casing, pork and veal/beef, dog and bun both steamed, mustard.

I like a dog now and then,
but I'd rather have a burger any day.

I have to admit, I've never had the
courage to get a "LuckyDog" on the
streets of the French Quarter. :evil:

Burger (1/3 pound).......Medium rare....Grilled onions......Blue Cheese melted on top.....a dollop of spicy mustard.......Toasted bun.....a good beer.....repeat as necessary !!!

Heids hotdog stand, local landmark serving natural cased dogs and coneys produced locally. Gimme a pair of coneys, horseradish mustard and a birch beer. Oh yeah,,a half pound dill pickle.

I love me some burgers! With some pepper-jack cheese, deep-fried onions, some coleslaw underneath, bacon, mayo, a splash of ketchup, don't forget a few fries to top off the burger, oh and Pepper :D lots of pepper.

I have always dreamed of opening my own burger joint! I think it would be the coolest thing ever!

^^ That would be Phill's Fave burger :D

Used to love hamburgers and hot dogs. Due to circumstances beyond my control I can no longer handle meat products. So I have become a vegetarian.

Please don't shoot me.......I still smoke pipes and cigars.....

:pale:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":xxf4y3hv said:
Used to love hamburgers and hot dogs. Due to circumstances beyond my control I can no longer handle meat products. So I have become a vegetarian.Please don't shoot me.......I still smoke pipes and cigars.....

My friend was advised to go vegetarian,,His doctor told him change or die,,,he actually enjoyed it after a while,,,he's dead now,,,seems being vegetarian didn't keep an 18 wheeler out of his lane,,,

Gotta go with the burger!!! A loaded cheeseburger is a thing of beauty!

Like Brewdude, I don't eat meat. But I really enjoy Bocaburgers and some of the other meatless patties and franks. I'm partial to the burgers.

Hermit":a1ssgqdw said:
I like a dog now and then,
but I'd rather have a burger any day.

I have to admit, I've never had the
courage to get a "LuckyDog" on the
streets of the French Quarter. :evil:
I never had one in the Quarter either, but when consumed elsewhere at least, they're nothing special.

I like 'em both, but prefer burgers.

I live on a black angus farm so I guess you would think I'd say a burger. And don't get me wrong, I love a thick burger grilled over charcoal or oak. But I cannot resist a Chicago dawg with a frosty adult beverage.

Depends on the burger. Depends on the dog. If it's a local, hand-packed, natural casing sausage with homemade mustard, I'm pretty sure I'd take it over McClownfood's quarter pounder with cheese. Then again, if it's an Oscar Mayer in a crappy Rainbo bun steamed together in a pot, I'd probably eat a hamburger made out of day-old desert jackrabbit.

Serve up quality, and they're in equal standing.

Kyle Weiss":ucqg41ns said:
Depends on the burger. Depends on the dog. If it's a local, hand-packed, natural casing sausage with homemade mustard, I'm pretty sure I'd take it over McClownfood's quarter pounder with cheese. Then again, if it's an Oscar Mayer in a crappy Rainbo bun steamed together in a pot, I'd probably eat a hamburger made out of day-old desert jackrabbit.

Serve up quality, and they're in equal standing.
Our last little gathering... a tail gate party for the Cowboy game.
We don't serve your average hot dog. These are natural casing 100% all beef - for those of you who teter on the burger/hot dog decision...

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

We love the NE style buns - can't get 'em in DFW and our customers went nuts for them.

Our side business...

CIMG1244.jpg