Arthroscopic surgery

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ireland

Reaction score
Some of you may already know but I've been trying to recover from a knee injury (right knee, M.C.L.) for almost three months

Long story short, therapy wasn't enough and I'm awaiting surgery as I type.

I'll report back once all is said and done. :)

Well I wasn't aware of it, but I know how painful knee injuries are. I dislocated my knee in the woods about 5 years ago and had to pop it back in, cut a crutch and hobble out.

Hopefully your surgery goes well and you're able to walk on down to the B&M painfree. Best of luck and a quick recovery.

May the surgery go flawlessly and the recovery be swift brother.

My father and sister both have had that surgery to fix MCL tears, and it went really well. They were super active runners/hikers, etc., and walking and hiking just happen to be good physical therapy after the surgery (well...after some recovery time with some good Virginia and some scotch :mrgreen: )

Heal up and heal well, brother.

Good luck with the surgery!

Hope you heal quickly.

Regards

Jers

ps make sure and take whatever pain relief is offered to you at the hospital. :cheers:

Seems to be going around! A buddy of mine here in Mexico went in today as well for knee surgery. Good luck, and I'll send ya good vibes. The worst part of minor surgery is the worry before hand.

Best of luck; hopefully you'll be sitting out side with your leg up, pipe in hand, soon

Shane, Good luck man. You'll be fine. Do what the docs recommend and if you can seek good PT do it, and be sure to stick with the routines they give you.

I had back surgery in February and I am just starting to feel myself. So I can relate to any pre surgery anxiety you might be having.

Best of luck to you Shane! Sometimes, doctors are not keen on performing some surgery, and would rather you live in moderate pain. There are a lot of pitfalls to that decision, so hopefully you can recover after being allowed surgery, and get your life back to normal after all is said and done.

Good luck Sean. I had ACL surgery on my left knee about 10 years ago. Therapy is everything. God Speed to a quick recovery.

Thanks so much guys!

I just got home about 30 minutes ago... Still feeling very loopy lol I'll probably lay down and pass out after this...

The surgery went well. Appearatly there was a sizable chunk from the back of my knee cap floating around in there! And there was meniscus damage but they were able to fix everything.

They got me on some generic Oxy so I'll be just fine until it runs out! :drunken: :p

Doh! Floating pieces of kneecap is not a nice picture! :shock:

Glad it went well. I've heard that aged Cumbaland in a good old Britwood pipe has wonderful curative properties. ;)

MisterE":k14qyzs2 said:
Doh! Floating pieces of kneecap is not a nice picture! :shock:

Glad it went well. I've heard that aged Cumbaland in a good old Britwood pipe has wonderful curative properties. ;)
I'm waiting until tomorrow to smoke and I already have a bowl of FVF packed in my favorite Larsen Canadian and ready to go! Lol but you're right; I have a jar of that old Cumbaland sitting on my nightstand, easy to reach and my Cumbaland Dunhill pot from ol' Dawg Jim to ease my pain and catalyze my recovery 8)