As promised, my small collection...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieveryuu

Reaction score
What follows is my small collection which I have acquired over the course of the last 3 months.

Airo
A great little pipe, good for a short walk or quick smoke.

Spectator
This is a very light pipe that smokes well enough.

Stamped only “Israel”
This is so far my favorite pipe, smokes well and feels good in hand.

Unmarked
This is the pipe I smoke the most often. Unmarked like the pipe above, it was badly caked with a hard, thick, carbon layer which required some good sanding to clean. Now it is a great pipe.

“Copenhagen Shape“
I have talked about this pipe elsewhere.

Big Ben “Jockey”
This is a nice little nose warmer.

Linkman‘s Dr. Grabow De Luxe 9770
These are great little pipes and at the moment probably my oldest pipes dating from between 1937 and 1944.

Unmarked “Imported Brier”
My first pipe. It smokes well though is not the best in the cold weather.

Dr. Shotton’s Sanaton
This pipe I bought more or less on a whim. I have copies of ads for this pipe from a Popular Mechanics issue dated from 1939. Which means this could be my oldest pipe. It smokes really well and when I got it, had been smoked no more than a couple of times and is in spectacular shape.

Will post my new pipes as they arrive.

Yeah. I am a huge beer geek and take my beer seriously. As such I have really been enjoying finding which beers pair with which tobacco. As to the beer in the glass… Unfortunately DFH does not distribute here anymore. We had the briefest window of Dog Fish Head being available here and then only because we have the coolest craft beer store. Brewforia([dot]com). In the glass when I took the photos was Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. A good beer that paired nicely with the tobacco in the picture. Though a much lighter beer than what I normally drink as I am porter and stout man… well, really anything dark, barrel aged or good. Very many good beers.

The same care and enjoyment that I have put into my beer (and Port, Brandy, Bourbon etc…) I am now putting into my tobacco collection.

The last pipe/photo has some great grain, Congrats. :study:

Thank you, it is a nice pipe, it is a Dr. Shotton’s Sanaton. (Have gone back and added the pipe information.)

That Dr. Shotton’s is a surprisingly good pipe. The screw at the front is not the most aesthetically pleasing feature however that just makes it more interesting. That, and the ability to pass a cleaner through it really is a nice feature. (Have included the 1939 advertisement.)

I have like 9 of those DFH pint glasses...lol there was a time where they gave me a pint glass at the package store I went to every time I bought a case...lol I had to start refusing them my cabinets were getting filled up.

Dogfishhead 90 minute ale to me is the IPA all other IPA's should be judged against. I know its so popular now its practically a production beer...lol and it's "cool" to like obscure brews, but the stuff is just phenomenal.

Oh yeah lol...cool pipes too man

Boxerbuddy":75wg4clb said:
Dogfishhead 90 minute ale to me is the IPA all other IPA's should be judged against.
The best IPA that I have ever had was DFH Continually Hopped Ale. Actually rather enjoyed it, and I am man who does not really have a taste for hoppy beers.

Glad you all like the Dr. Shotton’s.