Ashton Artisan's Blend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storm_Crow

Reaction score
First bowl impressions, but I think this latakia blend takes top spot in my Syrian segment. VA, turkish, and perique round the blend out. The perique is present and in the background the whole smoke, while the matured VA pops its head up throughout.

Unlike my favorite cyprian lat blend, Odyssey, the flavors are more melded in AB. This is neither a good nor bad thing, but a distinguishing feature. Whereas Odyssey is more complex with different flavors weaving into and out of the smoke constantly, I felt AB is overall smoother and more round.

AB has outstanding smoking characteristics to boot, and while this is considered to be relatively strong blend, I didn't feel that it bowled me over despite my sensativity to nicotine.

If you haven't put your hands on a tin of this blend yet, do yourself a favor and give it a go. I can say with confidence that you'll consider it money well spent. As much as I do like my prior top Syrian, 3 Oaks from McClelland, AB is simply more flavorful.

Nice. I've wanted to find some good Syrian comparatives for my tongue. I have some Vintage HH Syrian from MacB, but I haven't tapped into it yet, nor gotten any 3 Oaks (which is on the Weiss Master List of "to get"). I've been pretty enamored with GLP's use of Cyprian that I think I've got a pretty good handle on what that stuff is like.

Thanks for yet another suggestion to add to the list! 8)

I have a tin of this waiting to be cracked. I just need to finish off some Squadron Leader first. I don't like to have too many tins open at the same time, and all my jars are full at the moment.

Okay, I have now opened the tin and trying my first bowl.

Very nice 'english' blend flavour and the addition of perique seems to give it a certain something that I found missing in Squadron Leader. A little moist straight from the tin it will need a wee bit oft airing next time.

I think that I will be acquiring some more of this :)

This is my go to blend. I haven't tried Odessey yet. I'll probably add some to my next order. I have found that AA benefits from ageing. I'm smoking a tin right now that I've had cellered since '09 and it's wonderful. I'd recommend this blend to any lat lover. The perique does come through, not overpowering to my tastes, but to some it may be a deal breaker. All in all, a very nice blend.