Ashton Xmas gift

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ireland

Reaction score
:santa: I'm not sure what took me so long to post some pictures of my Xmas present from my lovely lady... It's a current production Ashton Pebble Grain XXX billiard with a diamond shank. This is the second Xmas in a row that she blew me away by picking out a pipe with my name all over it (last year was a Ser Jacopo billiard; one of my favorite smokers). She knows me very well and she has a great eye for picking things that I'll love. What can I say? I'm very lucky and quite spoiled :lol:

This pipe smoked incredibly well from the first bowl. All subsequent bowls have been delightful as well. It's light, it's wonderfully blasted, it's proud and handsome in profile and it's a gift that I will always treasure. If this is any indication of the quality of the pipes now being made by Jimmy Craig, then I will need to add a few more Ashton pipes to my collection.

652618df.jpg

ee3b445f.jpg

This is also a sweet pipe. 8) You keep posting pics like this you are going to make a man envious.

That is a nice blast!
I was thinking that the fabled Ashton blast was a thing of the past, but this one and a couple others I've
seen recently prove me wrong.
And I'm a sucker for diamond shanks as well.

The blast, while amazing in its own right, is cool-- but it's that diamond shank that really makes that pipe in my eyes! That and the fine lady who gifted it to you, she sounds like a keeper!

I like that one! You don't see diamond shank Billiards very often. We should call it a "Bill-dog"! Or would it be a "Rho-lliard"? I still get confused on that shape.

Thanks for the compliments, gents! I do really love this pipe. It's funny how something as slight as a diamond shank instead of a round one can make a pipe stand out as a unique piece. My favorite pipes are classic shapes with little tweaks so this piece was perfect for me! And you're right, Harlock, it seems as though jimmy Craig has a handle on the Bill Taylor methods. Thank goodness for those of us partial to the Ashton brand!

And, E, I'm going with bill-dawg 8)

itsKot":es3fjohz said:
The blast, while amazing in its own right, is cool-- but it's that diamond shank that really makes that pipe in my eyes! That and the fine lady who gifted it to you, she sounds like a keeper!
She is! I'm very lucky :)

BuckeyeBoy34":d0thpcwi said:
That is one good looking pipe!! Your a lucky guy to have such a great lady.
Thanks, man. I'm pleased with both the pipe and the girl ;)

That is one nice looking pipe. I like the Rustication / sand blast. Reminds me of the Jobey Stromboli's but not quite as jagged. I love extreme rustications with sharp edges. That is a wonderful pipe to own, and looks like a good smoker. I also like the diamond bit. You normally see that only on bulldogs, and seeing it in this context really makes the pipe stand out, and makes it quite unique.

Very very nice pal, I love how the sandblast brings out the wonderful grain. I hope to add an Ashton to my collection one day. :cheers: