ATTN pipe makers and/or vintage pipe gurus:

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernPiper

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I have attached a picute (yeah, a picture even!) of a pipe that was my great-great-granddad's. It is currently in a shadowbox along with my great-great-grandmother's glasses, and a picture of them together. To give you an idea on the age of the pipe, he was alive from 1860 to 1926. What I want to know is :

Any idea on what kind it is? I can't take it out of the box and the only mark I can see is the red dot with a silver ring around it (not sure if the silver ring will show). The closest I can find on pipedia is cesare barontini, but i'm not sure if that's accurate.

If I can't find another one, would any of you fine fellas be interested in carving a new one to near exact specs?

Upon further inspection, I don't think its a barontini afterall, the silver ring is much thinner on this pipe.

Now I want to say bartlett & bickley, or Bentley (supposedly a kaywoodie second), but still, just a guess