Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After my Grandfather's death earlier this year, my mother scanned and uploaded a bunch of family photos, most of which I'd never seen. My avatar is me at age 4 and it pretty well encompasses my sense of humor. When I saw it, I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

<--- Just me smoking my pipe.

The user name is because I like single malt scotch. Like tobaccos, it's hard to choose a favorite single malt. But if I had to choose, it'd probably be either Balvenie 17y Peated Cask or Ardbeg Uigeadail. I like the smoky taste...who'd have figured I'd also like Latakia? :)

Mine changes often, I usually try to keep it humorous, but something that's reflective of some part of me. This one is the fathers day card my 6 year old granddaughter Abby made for me a few months ago during the last week of kindergarten.

It's a well taken picture of me with a pipe. Also, I'm wearing a hat I made and am proud of.

Tim_Haggerty":mhi3kbfn said:
I lie big pipes, this fit the bill
Tim I am also a lover of large pipes, I just picked up a nice Boswell Jumbo Oom Poul. I will post a pic :)

My avatar is a photo I took from a scenic overlook on U S 129, as it winds its way through the hills between Tennessee and North Carolina. The road is also known as "The Dragon." It has 318 curves in 11 miles and is a fun motorcycle ride. It demands constant attention, but there are places to pull over and enjoy the scenery.

Mike

I have more Moretti's in my collection than any other brand. They are a lot of value for the dollar. ;)

Back when I lived in central Ohio near Columbus, I played in 4-5 bands, and this one was taken at an Elvis impersonators concert, complete with screaming women, sold out house, throwing roses at him, arriving in a limosine, etc. I just played for the money, as I never liked Elvis.

My avatar is the cover art from a Nero Wolfe mystery by Rex Stout. That is me, Nero Wolfe, standing in the open doorway!

My avatar is my idea of a swashbuckling character straight out of a David Gemmell, George RR Martin, Terry Goodkind or Raymond Feist novel. Some of my favorite authors.

My wife usually takes the pictures for my pipes. This one was sitting on the computer for me when I woke up after finishing off the creature the night before. I thought it was pretty funny.