Avo, La Gloria, Romeo y Juliet, Fuente

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattrhorn

Reaction score
I have Ben going back and forth between pipes and cigars. Pipes are for my leisure time with only a drink in hand. I prefer the Latakia. It is too hard to carry around my pipes and accessories when doing other activities and I have turned back to the cigar more often. As listed in the subject, those are the brands I have been smoking for years. I haven't been buying much lately and was wondering if anyone could guide me towards some others that I should try that may also be up my alley.

I enjoy medium to full smokes, all sorts of wrappers. Size is not important (insert jokes here). Thanks!

Here are a few off the top of my head.
You can pick the size that you prefer. Check out Cigarbid for samplers and 5 packs for cheap (but be sure to know prices so you don't get caught up in the bidding).

5 Vegas Miami
Davidoff Nicaragua
La Gloria Cubana
Oliva Serie O and V
Padron x000 or 1964 Anniv series
Punch Rare Corojo
Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project

A new cigar lounge actually just opened in Livermore. It the first one in town and a short walk from home. I checked it out and was pretty impressed with the selection. Lots of my old favorites and some great reccomendations, too.

My Father
Diamond Crown Julius Cesar
Avo
Perdomo

I think I will have lots of fun exploring cigars again for the very first time. Anyone want to have a smoke? Thanks for the tips so far. If anyone else has a favorite smooth and creamy cigar with a decent strength, p,ease let me know.

Livermore Ca? I once spent a year living in San Leandro. Not too far away, right? Excellent news about the new shop. I always thought that the stronger you went, the lower the "creaminess" you could expect. As you go up the scale there tends to be more pepper, spice, and the such. Maybe cedar, leather, and strong earth. But if you're at the top of the range the flavors may be bold enough to stand above any mellow creaminess. I do prefer the spice and pepper so maybe I just missed the full creamy cigars though. Good luck. Report back on which individual sticks you find and like.

Mattrhorn: Have you been to Mission Pipe in Pleasanton? It's been quite awhile for me as it's a long drive out there, but it's a good shop with a wide selection.

I thought of two stronger / fuller bodied smokes with some creaminess, but you'll pay dearly for 'em (especially at a local B&M):

Davidoff Nicaragua
Padron 1926 series

Yup, San Leandro is 20 minutes away.

I am finding that I really miss cigars! There are a lot good one out there. I will keep smoking them and see what seems to takeover my humidor.

I spent a lot of time around Richmond, VA, Midlothian to be exact. Nice over there except for the softball sized bugs!

Thanks, tslots. Funny you mention the Padron 1926. I had one last night and it was right up my alley. $14 doesn't make it an every day smoke, but it was a treat.

I have been to Mission Pipe plenty of times for cigars and pipe tobacco. Nice place. This new joint in Livermore, The Cave Downtown, opened in August and I was enthralled by the walk in humidor and glorious selection. The website says that they have pipe tobacco, but honestly, I was too distracted to look for their selection. I am going to head back for another smoke and comfy chair and try to remember to check out the pipe tobacco. I will report back.

Mattrhorn, you will probably enjoy most any offering by Litto Gomez, (La Flor Dominicana) as well as anything that Christian Eiroa is involved with. He sold Camacho a few years back, and has his own line now. (CLE)

I also enjoy most of the Tatuaje line by Pete Johnson when I can find them available.

When I want a great cigar for a modest price, I usually search the humidor for a Perdomo Lot 23.

Here are a few more to try if you get the chance!

Avo Syncro, it's Nicaraguan and new to the market.
Camacho American Barrel-Aged, it's a 6-year Corojo wrapper aged in bourbon barrels for 5 months
San Cristobal Revelation, it's the #18 cigar from CA's top 25 (2014). Medium, earthy and smooth.
Padron 1964, the 1926 is great but usually pricier than the 1964 line, so check your local prices.
Drew Estate Undercrown, fuller bodied, great flavor. It's a play off of the Liga Privada series, which is pricier.

kaitlyn3837":48c5tk91 said:
Here are a few more to try if you get the chance!

Avo Syncro, it's Nicaraguan and new to the market.
Camacho American Barrel-Aged, it's a 6-year Corojo wrapper aged in bourbon barrels for 5 months
San Cristobal Revelation, it's the #18 cigar from CA's top 25 (2014). Medium, earthy and smooth.
Padron 1964, the 1926 is great but usually pricier than the 1964 line, so check your local prices.
Drew Estate Undercrown, fuller bodied, great flavor. It's a play off of the Liga Privada series, which is pricier.
Remember the days when purists snubbed their noses at those funky Drew Estate offerings. Who'd of thought that they'd bring solid non gimmick cigars to market? I tried the Norteno which is one of theirs, I think, and quite liked it.

My fuller go to cigars brands from back in the day,

La Flor Dominicana.
Don Pepin Garcia/ My Father.
Oliva.
Joya de Nicaragua.

Ok, I have been doing my homework (smoking a lot of cigars) and I am back in the groove.

La Flor Dominicanas: I for got how much I like just about everything from this label. I remember the 2000 series. Can you still find those?

Avo: I like just about everything here, too.

Drew Estate, Undercrown CT: great morning smoke! I have some fuller body smokes on the way.

Padron Damaso: good cigar. Pricey and smooth.

Padron 1964 and 1926: liked them both.

La Gloria: I like just about all of them

My Father: all of them are good!

Gurkha: I remember that I didn't like them, tried a couple, and I still don't like them.

I am back on the cigar trail and have got my footing back. Sure like having a close by room to test them out. The humidor so are getting full at home.

I never could enjoy the la Gloria N series myself but welcome the rest of them.

Oliva G Cameroon
CAO Brazilia
Rocky Patel 1990, 1992, Decade, Edge
Partagas Black Label
CAO Mx2
Ashton VSG
Onyx

now days I smoke mostly Cuban Punch Punch Corona Gorda's with an occasional box of Hoya de Nicaragua Excalibers. I used to smoke a lot of la Gloria Corona's back when Ernesto was making them in Tampa but the new ones made in Nicaragua are very different so I don't smoke them anymore.