[b]Pipe racks: an essential accessory ?[/b]

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a database to maintain rotation. But there are plenty out there who rely on racks to do so.

Buddy

I have a rack that holds 14 pipes that works pretty well for me and it fits atop my desk nicely

I have 3 racks (two for 3 and one holding 4 pipes) and a pipe stand for a single pipe.
All of them in a cabinet with glass doors. So they don’t get dusty either. ;)

I have no racks either...... had a couple tho' but as I get more pipes I run out of space,
I now have a bookshelf and they lie like sardines for display,drooling and Rotation purposes!
The shelf is large and I can get 300 pipes in there one day if so be!!!!

I have a rack for 32 pipes and I really like the way it looks on the mantle very homey, someone even thought they were just for decoration and not for smoking! :lol!: But all said it works great for me.

St Fiacre":q5ke53wp said:
I have a rack for 32 pipes and I really like the way it looks on the mantle very homey, someone even thought they were just for decoration and not for smoking! :lol!: But all said it works great for me.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's all very personal....I like large Curio cabinets myself...all the pipes are on display inside on glass shelves, out of reach to cats, kids. Some people only use a wall mounted shelf or small cabinet, others convert furniture like a roll top desk that also serves to store all the baccy.

I have two racks in a curio cabinet and the rest in various stands. Pipe racks certainly aren't necessary though.

When you accumulate 20 some pipes, you run out of space on the circular, six-pipe-or so racks, and they the pipes don't fit on bookshelves, because books are there, and they don't fit in drawers, as clothes are there. . .you get the idea.

I got a 64-pipe rack five years ago which I am very close to outgrowing.

I'm going to get another.

My rack is used for storage only, not rotation; I keep that in my head.

I only have 32 pipes. When I first started I got a pipe rack, but it only holds 10 pipes. Oddly enough, the pipes on the rack I don't smoke. I rotate 20 or so pipes with no particular order. Whatever I feel like smoking at any given time is what I smoke. The pipes that aren't in the rack are on a book shelf specifically for them. They are resting either on top of the pipe bag/sock or in their box.

:farao:

I had 84 and now culled them down to 15, dang sorry I gave those racks away, oh well so it goes!!!!!! :roll: