Baby due at Xmas? Updated.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas Tkach":z9hs6lb8 said:
Clothe is more work, but can save you serious dough. I think the target diapers are good. Huggies leaked for us, and Pampers were good, but Target seem to be just as good.
Yeah, we're Pamper's people!

Thomas Tkach":rcgeh0yv said:
Clothe is more work, but can save you serious dough. I think the target diapers are good. Huggies leaked for us, and Pampers were good, but Target seem to be just as good.
For my son (now 2 1/2) the Target brand always leaked a bit easier than the others, but not terribly so. They are great for daycare, because (here in PA at least) they are required by law to change diapers every two hours, wet or dry. But we can't get away with using them overnight. So far we've found that Huggies have worked the best, but really, they are all pretty similar.

Back when my oldest was born. 1972, Pampers and their ilk were just coming out on the market and were VERY expensive so we used cloth when we were at home during her infancy. Pampers when we went out and by the time shw was a toddler Pampers all the time. Long story short, START with cloth at home as when you are done with them, you will have some of the FINEST precious metal/pipe polishing cloths EVER ! Washed, well used cloth diapers are FANTASTIC for this !! And welcome to the rest of your now GREATLY CHANGED life !! NOTHING will be the same after your children arrive but that's the way it's supposed to be !! :twisted: :twisted:

Congratulations pal!

By the way, mine is coming pretty soon too. The birth term is exactly on 25 of December, but he'll come sooner around 15 with a cesarean section because of bottom-down position!

I'm pleased to announce that at 12:41pm 12/26 my daughter Elodie was born. May be a little while before I get to upload a pic. I'll probably upload one here and make a Life Events post too at that time. Btw, what's happening in Philly?

juanmedusa":68oz697u said:
I'm pleased to announce that at 12:41pm 12/26 my daughter Elodie was born.  May be a little while before I get to upload a pic. I'll probably upload one here and make a Life Events post too at that time. Btw, what's happening in Philly?
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Congratulations!! Smoke a real fine bowl of the best you've got so you can remember the moment.....may be the last peaceful moment you have for a while.

pepesdad1":xssjpxqy said:
Congratulations!! Smoke a real fine bowl of the best you've got so you can remember the moment.....may be the last peaceful moment you have for a while.
A fantastic idea sir. I got my first Meerschaum pipe this Christmas, perhaps it will be a fine vessel for that experience.

Congratulations ! Girls are neat to raise. Just smaller versions of their moms ! :twisted: ( for awhile at least :twisted: ) Now it'll be at least 20 years till you get YOUR life back ! Enjoy :twisted: :twisted:

Congratulations on the new arrival. My second son is 7 weeks right now. Number 2 is easier by far. The biggest help we had was a good amount of family living nearby that could help keep an eye on them. Sleep is a luxury the first 5-6 months. It helps to have a mother/ sister/ in law that can take a shift for you sometimes. Good luck brother.

Thanks for thr pics !! THAT'S one DARLIN' GIRL !! :twisted: :twisted: I raised 2 girls and 4 boys !! Boys were easier !! :twisted: :twisted:

Nice pics! Cute all around. We just got back from the beach with our little one. She loves it!

I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but looking at the dates it was at the time I was writing up my last research project so I was away from the boards for a while. Anyhoo... awesome pics - you've a fine family there old chap, you must be really proud. I'm made up for you Sir. :cheers:

Congratulations juan! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Not sure how I missed this thread either, but it happens from time to time. :|