Baccyflap alternative

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely made in China....:scratch::scratch::fpalm:

USE A TOBACCO TIN OR ZIPLOC!!!

These kinds of accessories are probably just fine for those that want to smoke the same thing all day.

My late Pap was like that. He carried around a 3-fold pouch for his beloved Uhle's 255. He was a one brand man day in/day out. But that was back in the day of OTC's which were mild enough to be consumed all day.

I guess if that's your thing than by all means go for it. For my part however, I'd get bored silly of the same thing all day long. I like to ring the changes.

As always YMMV.

Cheers,

RR

On eBay you can purchase a leather pouch with a zipper area on the bottom to carry up to a 5 1/2" pipe and an upper portion with a zipper & 2 snaps that holds tobacco. It's lined to keep the tobacco fresh for a few days. The cost delivered is under $15.00. I still have and use when out and about my original leather pouch I purchased back in 1972. I ONLY have carried Burley blends inside the tobacco pouch area. Any other blends I carry a small pocket tin. I also have a leather hand held carry case that holds 4 pipes, tobacco and any accessories needed to enjoy a pipe while traveling. That was purchased on Amazon a few years back for under $40.00.  Keep the leather clean & soft, it will last a lifetime. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Yea, I just use one of those plaid tobacco pouches that cost under $10 when I am away from home. It works for my needs. I still think that thing looks pretty cool though.

I swear by mason jars, but I do often use a food container like the ones a side dish will come in at the deli when on the go. Baggies if I'm just totin' a few bowls worth.

nismo270r":gbm2jnqe said:
Saw these the other week at the Container Store:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/kitchen/food-storage/on-the-go-lunch-boxes/stainless-steel-ecolunchpod/123d?productId=11002350

It's about the same size as the rectangular 2oz tins, but a little taller and much sturdier. Figure food grade stainless should wash up well and not hold any odors too. Also, seems to seal pretty well and for 8 bucks and change I may grab one next time I'm there just to give it a go.
Those look cool!