Back after 2 years, what did I miss?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobie1dog

Reaction score
Hi: I quit all the pipe forums 2 years ago, but don't know why I quit this one. Did I offend someone and get asked to leave? :shock: It's happened before :lol!:

So someone fill me in on what excitement I missed the last 2 years.

Nothing really. A few new tobaccos, a few new pipes..

Welcome back.

Yo! Welcome back! I was wondering where the hell you'd been. Nothing new, really. As Peeb said, "Hey, nice pipe, let us know how it smokes!"

MisterE":k44hgyp6 said:
Yo! Welcome back! I was wondering where the hell you'd been. Nothing new, really. As Peeb said,  "Hey, nice pipe, let us know how it smokes!"
Yeah, I'm starting to remember a few things as to why I left, but time heals most wounds. When I got my auto-immune disease CIDP, things went downhill quick and I stopped a lot of things, including forums. Now that I'm disabled, I have too much time on my hands. :shock:

hobie1dog":3ginbtx9 said:
MisterE":3ginbtx9 said:
Yo! Welcome back! I was wondering where the hell you'd been. Nothing new, really. As Peeb said,  "Hey, nice pipe, let us know how it smokes!"
Yeah, I'm starting to remember a few things as to why I left, but time heals most wounds.  When I got my auto-immune disease CIDP, things went downhill quick and I stopped a lot of things, including forums.  Now that I'm disabled, I have too much time on my hands. :shock:
Dude! CIDP, seriously!? Really sorry to hear that! Ihad to look it up. Ihope you're doing ok!

MisterE":9hl454hh said:
hobie1dog":9hl454hh said:
MisterE":9hl454hh said:
Yeah, I'm starting to remember a few things as to why I left, but time heals most wounds.  When I got my auto-immune disease CIDP, things went downhill quick and I stopped a lot of things, including forums.  Now that I'm disabled, I have too much time on my hands. :shock:
Dude! CIDP, seriously!? Really sorry to hear that! Ihad to look it up. Ihope you're doing ok!
Thanks, I lost about 70% of my muscles and 90% of the nerves in my arms and legs, took a toll on the speed of fingering fast parts on trumpet :pale:

My son has MS, and I got with his Neurologist and got accepted into a free experimental drug trial program from Germany and it has knocked my neuropathy pain down from taking 10 pills a day to one or two a week. I'm still spending thousands with another doctor who is doing various therapies including a diet that is wheat, gluten, sugar, dairy, soy free.

Seems like there is 1/2 the activity on here from 2 years ago :pale:

Moderation may have something to do with it.......

Although I am not familiar with you, welcome back!

May God have mercy on your soul...................

smirk

Ozark Wizard":ugnm4dn5 said:

smirk
Did we develop moderators from hell and run everyone off? :?:

hobie1dog":zkpgw6lb said:
Ozark Wizard":zkpgw6lb said:

smirk
Not that I can say!..............

mod·er·a·tor
(mŏd′ə-rā′tər)
n.
1. One that moderates, as:
a. One that arbitrates or mediates.

b. One who presides over a meeting, forum, or debate.

2. The officer who presides over a synod or general assembly of the Presbyterian Church.

3. Physics A substance, such as water or graphite, used in a nuclear reactor to decrease the speed of fast neutrons and increase the likelihood of fission.

Ozark Wizard":xmvugtu9 said:
It may be that due to tobacco abuse that members are falling off.......  
Many of us are treading that road carefully.

hobie1dog":wjcm7arq said:
Ozark Wizard":wjcm7arq said:

smirk

The mods here have been quite hands off. This is one of the few sites that seems to to be self-moderated and everyone respects each other. IMO of course.

All of which makes it one of the few places where I can go and not expect trolling and abuse.

Cheers,

RR

hobie1dog":cxcg0egt said:
Ozark Wizard":cxcg0egt said:

smirk
No, quite the opposite... I quit being the moderator from hell and people left..   Try to cypher that one out. :scratch:
All I can figure is they was a bunch of them BDSMers. Me? No, I never much cared for German Cars.

I think it was mostly liberals that we lost. The thing about liberals, is that everywhere there's one liberal, there's always another liberal. So mathematically, when you lose one liberal, you usually lose two. Sometimes if you get lucky, you lose three.

I've found that it's pretty easy to run them off with a large dose of the truth.