Back after an extended absence.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadgerbil

Reaction score
Well, folks, here I am! I disappeared for quite a while there, eh?

Long story short, here is the timeline:

Younger sister in law moves in with us.
Family drama and major financial drain.
Some personal difficulties.
She finally gets a job and we help her find a place to move to.
She gets fired a week before she's due to move.
We give her another month then kick her out.
Our house gets sold and the new owner tells us we need to move out in a couple of months.
Nix that, 30 days.
Nix that, can you guys be gone in 15 days because that'd be super helpful for us.
We fight it and get our legally allowed 30 days.
Move to a new house.
Unpacking/sorting/decompressing.
(all of this whilst major stresses and changes are going on at work.)

Things are finally starting to get back on an even keel. My wife and I still have some life issues we're having to deal with and work around, but things are slowly getting better and I am finding I have time to get on the forum and update a bit. So expect about a million photographs!

I've missed you lot!

Like they say: "when it rains, it pours" . Dry off and as my daddy used to say: "... onward thru the fog" :p

Welcome back. Couldn't remember reading any of your posts, sorry that happens to men at my age, until I read your signature. I remember thinking the first time I read it that fathers should teach their sons those very values. IMO
AJ

F**k me, I would have killed someone at that point, DB. Glad you're back! :D

Thanks, all. It was a long few months, but we're almost out of the pit and things are slowly starting to look up!