Back In The Saddle

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Behike54

Reaction score
Greetings gentleman,

My wife and I moved across the country and the gents I smoked with were gone. It seems that you can't smoke anywhere. Even the first apartment we moved into didn't allow smoking on one's own balcony. o_O

Anyway, I met some cigar buddies but you can't smoke in shops, just clubs that are expensive and far from friendly.

Not to sound on a downer but my dad became ill and then passed and when my depression started to ebb (after a year), I found myself remembering that my grandfather smoked a pipe and it just resonated. I found myself walking into a Tinder Box and within a week I bought 10 tins, two pipes, and two different sized mason jars.

I am now enjoying pipe smoking more than I ever have, as well as the solitude. But I realized I also missed BoB. I hope that you'll have me back and welcome into the fold!

Last edited:
Greetings gentleman,

My wife and I moved across the country and the gents I smoked with were gone. It seems that you can't smoke anywhere. Even the first apartment we moved into didn't allow smoking on one's own balcony. o_O

Anyway, I met some cigar buddies but you can't smoke in shops, just clubs that are expensive and far from friendly.

Not to sound on a downer but my dad became ill and then passed and when my depression started to ebb (after a year), I found myself remembering that my grandfather smoked a pipe and it just resonated. I found myself walking into a Tinder Box and within a week I bought 10 tins, two pipes, and two different sized mason jars.

I am now enjoying pipe smoking more than I ever have, as well as the solitude. But I realized I also missed BoB. I hope that you'll have me back and welcome into the fold!
Welcome back! Your problem with finding a convenient place to smoke is very common, but hang in there.

Welcome from another relative newbie, also a SoCal refugee, lol. Now in AZ. Don't know where you're located, but if close to Ventura Harbor there are places there to smoke. Also a couple of parks in Thousand Oaks allow smoking