Back on US soil!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Reaction score
Well, sorry for being gone for so long everyone, I've been in the ratrace of international flights and how hard the military likes to make these procedures, as fellow veterans know all too well.

Here's some pictures from the trip, and a couple sweet pipe action shots I took.

Holy hell is it cold in Washington. The sunshine is deceiving. A good 30 degree temperature jump from Iraq/Kuwait to Puget Sound.

Oh yeah, remember the styrofoam clamshell McDonalds was notorious for and was banned in the US for eco friendly needs? and how even the paper wrappers used now are outsourced to china? Well Kuwait's McDonalds uses the clamshell, and it's made locally. Although thier ketchup is outsourced to Egypt LOL.

Hookah lounge/Turkish restaraunt in Baghdad:
DSCF2179.jpg

sweet action shot in Baghdad:
DSCF2176.jpg

Bunker in Baghdad I had to utilize a time or two:
DSCF2154.jpg

Signature American cuisine with an Arab spin:
DSCF2162.jpg

DSCF2147.jpg

Kuwaiti McDonalds:

DSCF2256.jpg

DSCF2264.jpg

US/Kuwaiti Flags:
DSCF2259.jpg

A buddy and me enjoying our last pipe in Iraq, both smoking Peterson's Special Reserve 2008:
DSCF2166.jpg

Arabic Danish cookies on the flight back to the US:
DSCF2283.jpg

VICTORY!, Back to Lewis, greeted by Iron Mike:
DSCF2307.jpg

Welcome back Anthony. So glad you are safely home!!!! Enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas. :santa: :rendeer:

Thanks friend!

It would be a much nicer Christmas if Western Washington would have some snow to show for it's frigid temperatures... The heaters aren't working in these barracks to boot, so I'm at the point of almost starting a fire (aside from my pipe) in my room to stave off trenchfoot :p

Looks like you were really roughing it there.. :twisted:

Welcome home.

Welcome home! :cheers:
And just in time for the holidays. :santa: :rendeer:

Welcome home and thank you,,,,,, happy holidays,,,great pics

Welcome home and thank you!

Now I have to ask about the artwork creeping up your neck. Looks like it's the top of one hell of a big piece.

Welcome home Anthony! Glad you made it safe. They are talking about possible snow this weekend so you might get your wish. It has been weird cold here lately, I think we broke like a 70 year record yesterday or something like that.

When things settle down for you we'll have to hook up for the pint.

Welcome home Anthony, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to us! Where ever this life takes you, let it do so with the quite assurance that you done GOOD and I'm grateful for that. I think you will find plenty of righteous causes here at home to put your efforts too.

May God Bless You,

Three cheers for Anthony's safe return to us

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Welcome back to the home soil! Glad you are back for the holidays safe and sound!

Merry X-mas, :santa:
Drew

Welcome home Anthony!! Thank you and your brothers/sisters in uniform for your service.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Welcome home, Anthony! Glad you're safe and stateside for the holidays.

Those Arabic McDonald's pics are priceless... must have a hell of time ordering a bacon cheeseburger, though.

Doc Manhattan":ypunlpt5 said:
Welcome home, Anthony! Glad you're safe and stateside for the holidays.

Those Arabic McDonald's pics are priceless... must have a hell of time ordering a bacon cheeseburger, though.
I personally view the Golden Arches as the modern day equivalent of how the Union Jack was seen representing the British Empire in centuries past.

Once ones country has Big Macs running wild and the arches in your cities, I'm pretty sure America has staked its claim on that foreign soil.

aaronbtxnc":73xwrl6o said:
Welcome home and thank you!

Now I have to ask about the artwork creeping up your neck. Looks like it's the top of one hell of a big piece.
Lol alot of people upon meeting me in person are like "Did you cut your neck shaving?" Yeah, since I shave with a hacksaw... haha.

You are correct, it's the very top part of my chestpiece. I have quite a few tattoos, most of them large. It's actually my state's slogan (Nevada-Battle Born) in coagulated blood, with two WW1 era trench knives crossed. 1. For my Umpteenth generation Nevadan heritage, and my family's military service through nearly all of the USA's wars.

Found a pic for the curious.

This was when it was first done, the lower parts of the blade look funny from the angle and makes them look kinda like butterknives haha :p

chest.jpg

While on the topic of me being back from Iraq...

I got this during my mid tour leave.

"So Long". Note Iraq at the bottom with the star over Baghdad.
Not wishing the country to be blown to bits mind you, just a play on a traditional tattoo from WW2 era as well as my gratitude for finally leaving the middle east. For now.

SoLongIraq.jpg