Back to matches

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":m7wv96ds said:
For the hell of it, I purchased a Zippo lighter with the pipe insert and I cannot get over the taste of the fuel that comes through when using it. It ruins the pipe for me.
Is that with the low scent fuel in the black can?

I primarily use a zippo with the pipe lighter insert. I strike it, wait to a count of 6 or so and fire it up. No issues for me.

BUT I recognize my palate is not as developed or as discerning as many of the brothers and sisters. That's actually a blessing I think :lol:

Guitar - I use Zippo number 1.

Slide - I bought the Zippo Brand Fuel in the black can. I wouldn't question your tastes Scott. You currently appreciate and have turned me onto some fine baccys. The Dark Flake, Birdseye and Triple Play are all great, IMHO. Maybe my fuel isn't the "low scent" variety?

Well.. you're too kind.

But I believe you have the low scent fuel.

Thank goodness there are multiple lighting options! Something for everyone :D

I use #1 (Zippo Fuel) and #2 T-bird insert, depending on conditions. I think the T-bird insert, with an adjustable flame does less damage to the bowl top and is easier to control flame-wise. Plus, for travel, it never dries out and a fill lasts a long time. It is almost useless in any wind, so I swap in the Zippo insert on those days.