Back to the Briar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter5117

Reaction score
I have not been hanging out at BoB much in the past few months. For the past year my wife had been suffering from a very serious cardio-pulmonary disease and I had given up most of my other activities including pipe smoking to spend time with her and take over most of the household duties that she could no longer manage. Unfortunately, 3 weeks ago she suffered a sudden heart attack and passed away. It was not expected but I think she knew that her life was going to get much more difficult as the disease progressed, and she decided it was just time to go. She and I had spent most of the last month together, we spent Christmas with our children and grandchildren, and I am sure she was ready to move on.

Anyway, I have been lurking back here at Bob and today decided to try posting again. Looks like things are still pretty lively in the discussions, looking forward to getting back in the groove.

Welcome Back Brother!

Sorry to hear about your troubles and your loss. It's always hard to figure out something to say that makes sense so I wont go further.
Just glad to see you poke your head in the door.

Glad to meet ya, sorry to hear of the unfortunate circumstances. It sounds to me that you've endured the bulk of it, that there was no "surprise" to any of it, just dealing with it over the long-term. I've been there. I hope you keep on with your head up and stay strong, looking ahead--keep family, friends, and good things very close at hand. I BoB can be a welcome distraction--the antics here are something else, and the people are great. :)

Take care, hope to see more of you around here. 8)

Hunter, so sorry for your loss; I can hear the grief in your words. I know there's nothing we can do, but I'm sure many of us would step forward if you were to ask.

Maybe a great new pipe would be something to hold onto.

Sorry for your loss, life can be so unfair sometimes, hope all is well with ya pal.

Sir, I am sorry for you loss. Welcome back looking forward to knowing ya
Best Regards
Richard

I'm so sorry for your loss.
It is good to see you around here again, though.

Very sorry about the loss of your wife. Having been where you're at,getting back to doing the things I enjoyed helped a lot. Family and friends help fill the hole in your heart.

Greetings and welcome back to the forum.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Sincere condolences brother. I too am a widower and understand that when there is no longer quality of life, a quick and painless end is a blessing. Keep good memories in your heart, photos on your table, and enjoy the comfort of your home with close family and good friends.