back to work

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chksbak

Reaction score
well most of you know i cut my thumb almost off back in november, i have finally been cleared to return to work on monday, it was a long road to recovery but almost as good as new, will never be able to bend it all the way again though, the weather is starting to get nice and back to work i go, i tell ya next time i cut a thumb off i will plan it better to be able to enjoy the my self lol.

Good to heard from you Chuck. Be good to yourself. All the best as you get back into the routine of things.
:D

Great news,,congratulations on your long recovery,,, :cheers: here's hoping there won't BE a next time,,,,

Hey Chuck,

I guess that happened before I got to BoB, so I wasn't aware of your injury. Several years ago I crushed my thumb on my left (non dominant) hand. Two surgeries to rebuild and 6 months of physical therapy returned me to the work-force. It was indeed a long road, and a scary one. I was doubtful of the outcome, and it still took very deliberate focus to strengthen my hand and wrist to the task. There are in my case some limitations as to what the 'restored hand' is capable of and I find that most times, IF I exceed those limitations, I'd best have a sense of humor about it. Only time will tell how fully you have been restored, and it's likely to take awhile working again for you to best know work arounds.

Be encouraged though brother, you are nearly THERE! Congratulations :cheers:

Glad you're mended and heading back to work Chuck. I know you are ready! Be careful!!!

Glad to hear of your recovery! You are blessed to have been able to save it! I wish you the best of luck in your rehabilitation!

-Adam

Its great to see you again Chuck!!! :sunny: :sunny: :cheers: :cheers:

Welcome back and so pleased to hear about your progress thus far. :cheers: Looking forward to hearing of future progress as well.

Hey Chuck! :D Glad to see you here and glad you're recovered. You didn't have to change your name to Johnnie No Thumbs, good thing! :shock:

Glad to hear you've healed and heading back to work.

LtMac

Chuck,
Glad to hear everything is mended. Hope it wasn't your tamping thumb that you tried to shorten.

Mike B.