Balkan Sobraine

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milan

Reaction score
I got an email notification that pipesandcigars got some back in today at 9:05AM. I checked my email at 9:40AM, went directly to their site, and they were sold out. Was anyone lucky enough to get a hold of some? Has anyone seen it popping up anywhere else this year?
Milan

I haven't seen it available online, but I did pick up a tin when I was last in Buffalo, NY... I hated to pay the ridiculous state tobacco taxes, but the owner of the store gave me a discount since I'm from PA and not accustomed to things costing so much.

I have not opened the tin yet. Does anyone have thoughts on this new blend?

I was able to get two tins fom a friend who had a local B&M that still had some in stock. I am glad I jumped on it because it sold out the following day. It's good to have friends in the right places.

I've had better luck calling places directly to inquire about Sobranie, rather than relying on their websites. The stuff does seem to sell out quickly, though.

And according to that learned pipe smoker in the video link that was posted last week, it's supposed to be very good. I'm interested. Just the name "Balkan Sobranie" seems to ensure a hungry market.

I will be upset if it continues to be hard to find mostly due to the attached name.

It's not the original blend, it's never going to taste like it, so I'm not interested in chasing a ghost (and I hope others aren't doing that, either)... What I do want is another option to my beloved Lat blends!

Were you sure they sold out if you visited the web site it just listed the phone # and address I called them up after the email and purchased two tins,

lapress33":90pac7xl said:
Were you sure they sold out if you visited the web site it just listed the phone # and address I called them up after the email and purchased two tins,
Kinda helps to not rely on the magic box and the mouse, eh? Just got off the phone with a guy who's sending me two tins as well, along with some Jackknife. 8)

I received two tins from pipesandcigars today and a bit of Fusion Lab action (Jeffersonian Mixture).

I just checked it the P&C site and they list a 1-800 number. There was no "in stock" or "out of stock" button. They must have read this thread and revised the page.

jlong":g7dvls7i said:
I just checked it the P&C site and they list a 1-800 number. There was no "in stock" or "out of stock" button. They must have read this thread and revised the page.
Did you call and ask? 8)

Kyle Weiss":437hzrpb said:
jlong":437hzrpb said:
Did you call and ask? 8)
No. I don't need any.

jlong":bm8bkxjx said:
I called and spoke with Heather, she said they sold out within 30 minutes of initially having it. The phone number is a little misleading, but whattayagonnado?