Balkan Sobranie (question about humidity and keeping it lit)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Behike54

Reaction score
Ok, breaking in my new pipe i recently showed in PAD.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t17118-my-gio-pipe

ANYWAY, I got some Balkan Sobranie to break'er in and the stuff has a helluva time getting and staying lit.

I assume it's not the pipe and just needs to sit out a while, right?

What have been people's experience with the Sobranie?

My experience with Balkan Sobranie? You're kidding, right? Ever read "Waiting For Godot"? No? Ever been on a snipe hunt, looked for a left-handed wrench, or had a really good light beer? Ever find a cop when you needed one? My experience with Sobranie is exactly like all of these things. I'd love to discuss it further, but it's time for my free lunch. :p

George Kaplan":af5fybp7 said:
My experience with Balkan Sobranie? You're kidding, right? Ever read "Waiting For Godot"? No? Ever been on a snipe hunt, looked for a left-handed wrench, or had a really good light beer? Ever find a cop when you needed one? My experience with Sobranie is exactly like all of these things. I'd love to discuss it further, but it's time for my free lunch. :p

Whoa.....3rd bowl and i was like, "Why am I not smoking Blackpoint or Penzance in my new pipe?"

Effing Sobranie! :shock: