Balkan sobranie smoking mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klause

Reaction score
Evening all,

I scored an unopened, contents still inside, tin of this stuff today. It's not the usual flat tin, but a tall tin, like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTIQUE-BALKAN-SOBRANIE-SMOKING-TOBACCO-TIN-BOX-RARE-/350044716763?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51804a7edb

Unfortunately, the paper wrap-around label is missing, but the lid and tin are near perfect, otherwise.

Now, the question is what do I do with it?

Do I leave it a let it age more - assuming its not just dust inside?

Do I open, rehydrate, smoke and enjoy?

Sell it to someone with a more refined palette, who already loves this stuff?

Suggestions welcome.

Still shakining with excitement!!!!

If it's a cutter top tin as the pic you show, it's at least 40 years old ( they stopped using these around the late 70's) and after you opened it and checked for interior rust you could put the 'bac in a Mason Jar and rehydrate it to smoke, if it had not turned to 'bacco dust. I'd give it a try as without the paper label on the tin you just have a tin with a BS top :p

Reckon I'll just pop on the shelf and forget about it for now, Monbla.

Cheers.

I followed that link. Can't believe someone would pay $152 for an empty tin.

What Monbla said. The tin kinda looks like it might have been stored under less trhan optimal conditions, but who knows . . .

If the tin is unopened, then it shouldn't need rehydrating. It should be ready to smoke. If the tins been compromised, that's another story.

It's worthy pretty penny, so decide if you want the money or the experience more.