Balkan Sobranie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelhammer

Reaction score
Thursday I stopped into my local B&M. This would be in Fort Wayne. Just as I am walking into the store the clerk is setting out 3 tins of Balkan Sobranie. I believe this may have been the first time in my life, since wanting to try this blend, that I have had the chance to purchase it. I picked up two of the three tins at $13.50 each. I have forgotten the gentlemen's name behind the counter, but he did mention this was the first time they have had any come in, in years. I believe they operate 3 stores in the Fort Wayne area, they received 8 tins for the 3 stores. I will be out to enjoy my second bowl soon! The first was very good, but my pack was a little off.

Kelhammer":8aco7qwy said:
Thursday I stopped into my local B&M.  This would be in Fort Wayne. Just as I am walking into the store the clerk is setting out 3 tins of Balkan Sobranie. I believe this may have been the first time in my life, since wanting to try this blend, that I have had the chance to purchase it. I picked up two of the three tins at $13.50 each. I have forgotten the gentlemen's name behind the counter, but he did mention this was the first time they have had any come in, in years.  I believe they operate 3 stores in the Fort Wayne area, they received 8 tins for the 3 stores. I will be out to enjoy my second bowl soon!  The first was very good, but my pack was a little off.
Considering how almost NO e-tailers have any in stock, consider yourself one lucky dude  :cheers: :cheers: 

So I have enjoyed half a dozen bowls. It tastes like what I expect when Balkan comes to mind. It has the smokey smell. A sweet smokey smell that even my wife said smelled slightly of mild Bar-B-Que. The smoke to me is very balanced. Sweet, smokey, and the zing of oriental spice. Not once did any of these elements jump out in front of the other. Toward the bottom the sweetness does takes a small step back, but still the smoke remains cool. For me its been good at any hour of the day. While I like it, it does not wow me, as I was hoping it might. Maybe I was too hyped up for it? I see some other posts recently have mentioned picking up some Sobranie. Is anyone else smoking this at the moment?

Have not had the "new" BS but when I smoked it's big brother, 759, I used to pick up a tin of it occasionally. It was good but nowhere near the level of THE Balkan that 759 was ! I always thought of it as "Balkan Lite" and since 759 is no longer available, I ought to give this new" BS a try!! Enjoy yours !!  :twisted: :twisted: 

Kelhammer":pbem1dnb said:
Thursday I stopped into my local B&M.  This would be in Fort Wayne. Just as I am walking into the store the clerk is setting out 3 tins of Balkan Sobranie. I believe this may have been the first time in my life, since wanting to try this blend, that I have had the chance to purchase it. I picked up two of the three tins at $13.50 each. I have forgotten the gentlemen's name behind the counter, but he did mention this was the first time they have had any come in, in years.  I believe they operate 3 stores in the Fort Wayne area, they received 8 tins for the 3 stores. I will be out to enjoy my second bowl soon!  The first was very good, but my pack was a little off.
Must be speaking of Reigels, right? Love those stores.