Bamboo Acorn *not for sale*

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshpipes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just finished up my first bamboo pipe. Since it's the first, there's plenty wrong with it. Enough that I ain't sellin' it. I did still want to share it with everyone, though. :)

RBOSYlJl.jpg

UPV2pjol.jpg

8XS410Dl.jpg
mqpcZFSl.jpg

VEEEWzWl.jpg

F16biVLl.jpg

CY4OY3Ul.jpg

Great looking pipe brother, that stem work is amazing! Looks like a great clincher .

I'm not a bamboo kinda guy but, I like the grain and color on the stummel and how you matched the stem. Defiantly made up for it's short comings sir.

Since it's not for sale you could always give it to me. :mrgreen: 

Ocelot55":y6oj8n3y said:
I tell you what, I'll talk him in to giving you that pipe if you give me that pipe I asked you not to rusticate, that you did. (the one in the middle)
5c0555c274c1331a-102_0734_zpse37a71d2.jpg

Cartaphilus":vxv6p78h said:
Ocelot55":vxv6p78h said:
I tell you what, I'll talk him in to giving you that pipe if you give me that pipe I asked you not to rusticate, that you did. (the one in the middle)
Wait a second now! That pipe is sandblasted, not rusticated....big difference :lol!: 

Ocelot55":xjqq5wwg said:
Cartaphilus":xjqq5wwg said:
Ocelot55":xjqq5wwg said:
Wait a second now! That pipe is sandblasted, not rusticated....big difference :lol!: 
OOPS! Your right sir, I misspoke. Give me the Blasted Pipe! LOL!

Dave only shows us the pipes he won't sell. :tease: :tongue:

I like it. Almost wish...almost...the stain on the pipe would have been a slightly closer color match to the stem!

8)

ugh - that is horrific, dude. you did a completely piss-poor job on it. i know it was your first bamboo, but you should be ashamed to share it publicly like this.

please send it to me IMMEDIATELY so you can put an end to the error of your ways.

doody.

That's what friends are for...

Please though, you don't need to give it to me. There are so many with such greater need.

Kyle Weiss":081xe0ri said:
Dave only shows us the pipes he won't sell.  :tease:   :tongue: 

I like it.  Almost wish...almost...the stain on the pipe would have been a slightly closer color match to the stem!

8)
It's all about anticipation. ;)

There's also one available now in the Town Crier. I'd link it but I think that would be against the rules. :p

I love the shaping of the stummel, very pleasing to the eye, I think you did a grand job on this and if you consider to be a reject I can't wait to see more like it from you, your pipes are always amazing. :)

David, your pipes show a true artistic style, that rarely is seen in most pipe carvers early designs. I can't imagine how refined your pipes will become a few years down the road!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

So you made the stem from scratch, mixed together the primary color and added the swirls, somehow? I don't have the vocabulary to describe this, but J. T. Cooke does this.

alfredo_buscatti":5v7szkel said:
So you made the stem from scratch, mixed together the primary color and added the swirls, somehow? I don't have the vocabulary to describe this, but J. T. Cooke does this.
Haha! Not quite. J.T. Cooke does make his own rod stock, but I do not. This stem was made from an exceptional rod of ebonite from SEM that I hand picked at the Chicago Show this year.