Bargain or bust?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retrogasm

Reaction score
I came across this while trolling for hot, glossy briar over on ebay: Pipe Lot

That's 4500 euro, albeit for a lifetimes supply of pipes. So, can anyone pick out the 4.5k pipe?

pipel10.jpg

So when will they arrive on your doorstep? :twisted: :twisted: 

Let's pool our money. I'll settle for this row of Barlings, you guys can fight it out over the rest. There's supposed to be a Nording, a Castello and some Dunhills in there  :twisted: 

barlin10.jpg

Retrogasm":2a22xvf1 said:
Let's pool our money. I'll settle for this row of Barlings, you guys can fight it out over the rest. There's supposed to be a Nording, a Castello and some Dunhills in there  :twisted: 

barlin10.jpg
Hot cross buns ?  :twisted: 

I think he's being a little optimistic with the starting bid and the BIN is really stretching it. Those Barlings are Danish? Made according to the listing. If so, being post transition pipes they should fetch about $50 bucks a piece. I'll pass and let you more affluent guys pump it up.  :lol!:

Richard Burley":ym8avtou said:
Those are Cart's rejects.
At the risk of sounding like you, I'd say your pretty close.
I don't see anything there EXCEPT the freehand top center that really blows my skirt up.
But for 4,500Eur $6013.58US which is only approximately $67 US dollars a pipe, it aint
a bad deal.  ;) 
The seller should sell them separately though if they want to make anything.

Cartaphilus":0wdvvixg said:
The seller should sell them separately though if they want to make anything.
My feelings eggs-ackly!

Not many have that kind of do-re-mi to spend on a collection like that. Including and especially when some (or many) are going to be pipes that will not be of great value in one form or another.

:roll: 

Cheers,

RR

The Barlings caught my eye, but looked too new and as Doc also noticed, they are indeed the newer vintage and Danish made. I suspect that lot will go unsold.
If they were sold individually and netted an average price of $35/pipe, that should yield a bit over $3k for all of them. That's probably the route to take.