been awhile

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
OK alot has happened since I was last on so where do I begin. I left my job at the Gas station due to conflict with other employees. I got fed up  doing the work while the did nothing and the manager not doing anything about it. Shortly after I landed a job on a small farm that has primarly chickens, which I love alot. It brings me back to peace and the chickens for the most part are friendly and a few I can pick up and carry. I always thought that there was only a few egg colors ,white, creame and brown but I learned there is also chocolate brown, blue, and green.

There is also some double edged news on my son. In june we had to put him in the hospital in the mental health department because he got physicly violent with my wife. The whole time I was throwing a fit about the meds he was on probably being the problem Two of the meds he was on are well known for causing these issues. They thought that it just not a high enough dosage so we went awhile increasing his dosages, and switching meds and all sorts of stuff. Finally we got fed up found a different Dr. and she has everything under control. He has not had an explosive anger issue since.We also have a therapist that comes in once a week to talk to him and help him learn how to communicate properly. That is working really well also.

We send him to summer school because he is a special needs child and we don't want him forgetting how to do simple things. The neighbors teenage son also attends the same private school but in a seperate building for the high schoolers,however he rides the same bus. Well this kid done some bad things, my son tells my wife, which she told his parents and he got into trouble. That in turn made the kid mad enough to start threatening my son with violence. we removed my son from the bus, filed a report with the PD and notified the school. Since then my wife has been taking him to school. Today we had a meeting with the district special needs director, district psycologist, his schools director and counciler in hopes to get all this settled. It was difficult but I held my temper and just spoke clear, firm and bluntly. I told them my child has been through far too much as is,I will not tolerate him being bullied, and if they do not get an aide on the bus or another way for the other kid to get to school we will be notifying the county. I do not think that they was ready for that, they are use to my wife doing the talking while I mainly sit back and just chime in on occasion. They looked at my wife and asked if she had anything else to say , she told them that other than what I said we are prepaired to get our child advocate involved and our Lawyer if needs be.

Other than that he is doing real well in school, likes coming to the farm with me and playing with his legos and other normal boy things. He still has his ups and downs but it is nowhere as drastic and easier to calm him.

My wife finally has a court date for disability, her health is still on a decline. She just got out of the hospital yesterday because of complications due to her COPD. I read the letter to her over the phone that the Dr wrote to the Lawyer with the entire list of her health issues. All I have to say is if they do not give her disability I am going to jail because I am going to raise hell. just a few of the issues are COPD, muscle dystonia, and two other types of muscle issues. there are more just can't remember them all.

As for me my car died so I had to borrow money from my Grandmother to buy a "new" car. I found a 2001 jeep with 85k on it for $5900, turns out it has a brand new engine as well. I am also being trained to be an assistant manager at my main job, which is really cool. Other than that I have gained a few more white hairs, but not balding yet, still punching and kicking my way through life, and seems like things may turn out OK.

Glad you came back. I don't remember any of your posts but I remember your avatar. Rather unique IMO.

Sounds like you're getting a solid portion of life. Sometimes it's difficult to cope especially when others seem to go out of their way to screw up or hinder any progress you may have made. But you do seem to have a good grip on the things that matter and are willing to stand up and fight for your family's needs. Takes a real man to do that in this era. People are so concerned about being politically correct and afraid to offend someone. When it comes to the needs of the family you do and say whatever is necessary to fulfill those needs. People who are offended by the actions will just have to sit and sulk until they get over it. Hang tough. I believe you're on the right track. :) 

AJ

Stay the course man, it will all come together in the end, I wish you well and better luck

Good to have you back.  Standing up for family is the only way to go...hang in there!

Good work standing up for your rights to the school, hope things smooth out even more and you can get some peace.

As a professional in the long term care field (administrator of 13 group homes for people with developmental disabilities) it's very nice to see a family stand up to the schools. I tend to get the brunt of complaints, then the schools can do no wrong.

glad to see the parents advocating for their child. Do what's right and damn the consequences.

Nice to hear you're back (though I wasn't here when you were around last, it's always nice to return to friends).

ajn27511":y5xggnuu said:
Glad you came back. I don't remember any of your posts but I remember your avatar. Rather unique IMO.

Sounds like you're getting a solid portion of life. Sometimes it's difficult to cope especially when others seem to go out of their way to screw up or hinder any progress you may have made. But you do seem to have a good grip on the things that matter and are willing to stand up and fight for your family's needs. Takes a real man to do that in this era. People are so concerned about being politically correct and afraid to offend someone. When it comes to the needs of the family you do and say whatever is necessary to fulfill those needs. People who are offended by the actions will just have to sit and sulk until they get over it. Hang tough. I believe you're on the right track. :) 

AJ
Back in my younger day I played Dungeons and Dragons, my avatar is of Elminster the mage.

As for everything else I come from the old school of you have to stand up for your rights or shut up and take it when they take them away.

I got a call from my grandmother today when I got home from work, apparently my wife tattled on me. She said that she was proud of me standing up for what was right, and the way I handled it was just like my Grandfather would have. She also said that she was happy that I didn't handle it like my dad would have. I admitted I was close to going that route but between friends and my wife calming me first I went this way. I told her I think they got the point because all their eyes opened in shock as if it was allowing my words to sink into their brains. I told her I found my voice and I liked it.

Thank you all for the kind words! The past 11 years havn't been easy, the last 7 has been harder, and the past two have been the worst. now there are only two ways to go up or sideways, one I am use to the other is easier. With you guys and other friends and family I think I will be able to handle whatever comes my way.

Just take it a day at a time...it will be tough..cause life is tough.  But you can handle it...you know you can.  When you find your voice you have to be careful to make sure your mouth doesn't try to cash a check that your a** can't cover.  When you are right...be right, but do it the right way.

You have moral support right here with your other "family".

Keep hanging on. I to have a wife with COPD. It took 3 or maybe 4 times applying before she was put on her disabilaty. I also have a handicapped child with cerebral palsy severly. One day at a time brother thats all we can do. If you need to vent PM me. We can share our complaints.

Cuervo--you're obviously not giving up, and therein lies the key.

Keep us updated. That's what we're here for, if anything, unprofessional counseling. :heart:

It's helped me in my "adventures" with life recently, that's for damn sure.

8)

Your a strong man brother, happy to hear you standing up for your kid. Your a great dad brother.