Beeting n gone....now I'm gone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josjor

Reaction score
Well, fellers......

I haven't been around these forums in quite a while. Doesn't mean I haven't been enjoying the weed. Just been too busy or concentrating my forum time with other pursuits. So I'm back. But not for long.

I'm a ciggy smoker primarily and for health reasons those have GOT to go. Unfortunately, I'm of the full realization that if they go, so do the pipes. I just don't have the control to give up one and still do the other. If I keep the pipes and light them up, I'll still be getting that little nicotine monster and it'll just make me want a ciggy.

So, it's been good to know you and I appreciate the advice and tobacky swapping I've had here. In the next week or so I'll be listing all of my pipes in the trading forums and the tobacco hoard will be up for grabs as well.

Sorry to see you go, but I understand the difficulty of quitting.

Josjor":k6n1jfwu said:
Well, fellers......

I haven't been around these forums in quite a while.  Doesn't mean I haven't been enjoying the weed.  Just been too busy or concentrating my forum time with other pursuits.  So I'm back.  But not for long.

I'm a ciggy smoker primarily and for health reasons those have GOT to go.  Unfortunately, I'm of the full realization that if they go, so do the pipes.  I just don't have the control to give up one and still do the other.  If I keep the pipes and light them up, I'll still be getting that little nicotine monster and it'll just make me want a ciggy.

So, it's been good to know you and I appreciate the advice and tobacky swapping I've had here. In the next week or so I'll be listing all of my pipes in the trading forums and the tobacco hoard will be up for grabs as well.
Have more faith in yourself sir, I was a cigarette smoker for 45 years and I've gave them up now for about 2 months I think, maybe more and won't look back. Oh I've had the craving for a cigarette now and then but, I don't and I don't have a pipe instead. I have 3 bowls a day, that's it.
If anyone's weak around here it's me and I did it. You just got to want to bad enough.
Now if I could only stop buying every dadburn pipe I see I'd be okay.

Cartaphilus":4rj5sgv0 said:
Josjor":4rj5sgv0 said:
Well, fellers......

I haven't been around these forums in quite a while.  Doesn't mean I haven't been enjoying the weed.  Just been too busy or concentrating my forum time with other pursuits.  So I'm back.  But not for long.

I'm a ciggy smoker primarily and for health reasons those have GOT to go.  Unfortunately, I'm of the full realization that if they go, so do the pipes.  I just don't have the control to give up one and still do the other.  If I keep the pipes and light them up, I'll still be getting that little nicotine monster and it'll just make me want a ciggy.

Have more faith in yourself sir, I was a cigarette smoker for 45 years and I've gave them up now for about 2 months I think, maybe more and won't look back. Oh I've had the craving for a cigarette now and then but, I don't and I don't have a pipe instead. I have 3 bowls a day, that's it.
If anyone's weak around here it's me and I did it. You just got to want to bad enough.
Now if I could only stop buying every dadburn pipe I see I'd be okay.
Listen to what Cart is telling you.  You can always sell your pipes later and the tobacco too.  Hold on to your stuff or you may regret it big time.
As Cart has said and I can testify to also....you can quit the ciggys and smoke the pipe and that little bit of N will be sufficient for your needs.
Just a thought.

You need to do what's best for you, Josjor.

As much as I admire Cart for quitting cigarettes, I also admire you for recognizing what's best for you & for being honest with yourself in seeing that your health is what is most important here. Some folks are wired a certain way and just can't have a casual relationship with addictive substances.

If I was forced to quit smoking my pipes, I'd be extremely saddened and surely lean towards trying to convince myself otherwise.

Best of luck to you.  :D

I see that my response may have been taken the wrong way. By all means if your worried about your health in general quit all together. I was just trying to point out if you DON"T wish to quit the Pipe and just want to quit the cigs it's very doable.
And this is coming from someone with a VERY addictive nature. I use to drink (and take drugs) like I collect pipes. I've never done nor can I do anything half way..........unless I REALLY want to.
Yes! I was a and still am a recovering alcoholic drug addict and have been clean and sober for over 25 years. "Anything can be done if you have a mind to."

Oh! and BTW,.........I don't want to quit collecting pipes.

I'm in the 'hold onto your pipes' camp. The primary reason being that if you were to weaken and go back to tobacco, it might be possible to satisfy yourself with the pipe without succumbing to cigarettes.

I was tobacco free for over a year and came back to pipes, but not cigarettes. I did so not to satisfy nicotine cravings but as a lifestyle choice. For me the pipe is like wine tasting. I am untroubled by the minimal additional health risks.

To breathe clean fresh air is obviously the ideal. So good luck to you in that regard.

I took a long pipe hiatus, mainly because cigarettes were more convenient. I let most of my pipes go. My last cigarette was in 2003, and I took pipe smoking back up on a "regular" basis a few years ago. If you are able to hold on to your favorite pipes, you never know what the future holds :)

One day at a time~

I appreciate the advice from all. Unfortunately it's nicotine that is the problem in that it has a bad effect on the drugs that I have to take for my Crohn's disease. Nicotine in any form. No patch, no vapors, no gum, no nothing. This has to be cold turkey and if the pipes and tobacco are laying around here, I won't do it. Severe cramping and a colostomy bag is not the way I want to spend my life so it's got to go.

Josjor":b9v0jnwm said:
I appreciate the advice from all.  Unfortunately it's nicotine that is the problem in that it has a bad effect on the drugs that I have  to take for my Crohn's disease.  Nicotine in any form.  No patch, no vapors, no gum, no nothing.  This has to be cold turkey and if the pipes and tobacco are laying around here, I won't do it.  Severe cramping and a colostomy bag is not  the way I want to spend my life so it's got to go.
I think I can safely say we all understand and hope you can live a relatively pain free and normal life and beat the the tobacco habit with the least of pain. The best of luck to you sir and don't look back. ;)

Cartaphilus":ezh7pz31 said:
Josjor":ezh7pz31 said:
I appreciate the advice from all.  Unfortunately it's nicotine that is the problem in that it has a bad effect on the drugs that I have  to take for my Crohn's disease.  Nicotine in any form.  No patch, no vapors, no gum, no nothing.  This has to be cold turkey and if the pipes and tobacco are laying around here, I won't do it.  Severe cramping and a colostomy bag is not  the way I want to spend my life so it's got to go.
I think I can safely say we all understand and hope you can live a relatively pain free and normal life and beat the the tobacco habit with the least of pain. The best of luck to you sir and don't look back. ;)
^^^^^^^
This!

Cold turkey can be tough, one day at a time.