Beginning of the End...NYC wants to BAN smoking in parks...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentbulldog

Reaction score
Where is the Mayor going to get all the money he now squeezes from
the cigarette smokers with exorbitant taxes when they can't pay anymore?
Here in Illinois they are putting another dollar a pack tax on cigarettes
to fund some minor budget shortfall,the goose that lays the golden eggs
is almost dead. :x

Winslow :sunny:

The city of Marietta, GA (just north of Atlanta) passed an ordinance prohibiting smoking in the town square park in July of this year. They were considering banning smoking in all 19 city parks and were supposed to vote on Sept. 9th but I haven't heard the outcome.

Here's a jabbing commentary on the situation. Solving park problems

Jim

Looks like I got out of there just soon enough. NYC's love affair with authoritarians continues unabated... ("Cleaning up" Times Square was just softening them up for bigger-and-wider-reaching restrictions.) It's a place that's been trading the proverbial liberty for a little security, and deserving neither.

And additional middle finger to the cigarette smokers who litter every park and every square yard of sand with their butts. Not helping. Nothing screws up the argument that smokers believe in mutual courtesy like the mouth-end of a dozen Parliaments rolling around the playground.

Doc Manhattan":5jp5eud3 said:
And additional middle finger to the cigarette smokers who litter every park and every square yard of sand with their butts. Not helping. Nothing screws up the argument that smokers believe in mutual courtesy like the mouth-end of a dozen Parliaments rolling around the playground.
BINGO!

Yesterday I was eating lunch in a little place not far from work and someone pulled up to the curb, got out, and tossed a butt on the sidewalk. I finished my lunch and wrote a note on the paper napkin. "Since you don't mind tossing your butts on my sidewalk, I have no problem leaving my garbage on your car." Left the note under the wiper.

I agree with the comment about the cigarette smokers,I personally hate to see butts all over the place,but I do believe govt is taxing us to death PA just setteled their budget cigarette tax up another 25 cents per pack making that about a $1.60 per pack tax,and they also put that same tax on small cigars,they didn't mention anything about pipe tobacco but i'll bet that will go up again to.