bent egg now residing in Shanghai

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the rev

Reaction score
the current owner begged me not to blast it even though it had sand pits, so there it is.

Real nice one sir! I can see why he didn't want a blast, its got some nice grain. ;) 

Awesome. I agree with him. Sand pits add character. Thanks fer sharing.

Nicely done.  The sand pits don't detract in any way from whatever beauty that pipe has.  A hundred bowls from now, no one at all will care.

nice:  characterized by, showing, or requiring great accuracy, precision, skill, tact, care, or delicacy: nice workmanship; a nice shot; a nice handling of a crisis.

That is a beautiful pipe. Im not one for a bent egg shape, but it is gorgeous. The sand pits add to the character. I definitely prefer it smooth, rather than rusticated or sandblasted. I hope the new owner likes it as well.

Yeah I don't mind the pits either but it would seem industry standard is to blast

Rev

some nice looking grain but I understand your concern about the pits... that's a tough call

Great lines on this! I like it too.

Honestly the pits on this don't bother me, and as others have said just add to the character. The honest truth is that I am a man with a flaw or two, so maybe I can identify...

Fr_Tom":6b9720f8 said:
Great lines on this! I like it too.

Honestly the pits on this don't bother me, and as others have said just add to the character. The honest truth is that I am a man with a flaw or two, so maybe I can identify...

Well said.....