Best anti speeding Ad ever?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
I really like the message of this ad, most speed adverts go with shock or shame to try to get you to change, this is far more carrot than stick.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/82MZHKjXHj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

This advertisement doesn't work at all, turn off the volume before you watch it for the first time, absolutely no message what so ever comes across, it wont affect the subconscious one jot, in fact it actually bored me because it was too long with no message coming cross.

Ah fair enough, I liked it from the point of view that its promoting a more relaxed lifestyle, but you're right, its not a punchy ad. Maybe that's part of the point though.

Well done, but I had a hard time sticking with it for three minutes. An odd marketing strategy, you typically have about 45 seconds or so to catch and hold someones attention.
Of course the message is spot on. I drive 50,000 miles per year and have 281,000 miles on my '08 Altima (my 03 Accord had 329,000 miles). I learned about 15 years ago to slow down, drive the limit and keep my head on a swivel. And I've had some high performance cars that made that difficult ('96 Firebird Formula, '96 Impala SS). But, as I head out to an icy Maryland road this morning, it's always good to have a reminder.
Travel safe BoB!

I can't watch the video here at work, but I feel this is probably an appropriate place to leave this:

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

Deep insights--the calm just washes over me. I can't wait for the government to tell me how to wipe my butt. ;)

I actually liked this add. I too had a hard time sticking with it for 3 minutes, but that's pretty much the whole point of the ad. We need to slow down to enjoy things. In my opinion, we're so "entertain me" focused, that if something doesn't really get us in the first few seconds, we feel the need to abandon it to find something that does keep our interest. We always need more to achieve the same effect.

We see this in our cars, jobs, mariages, vacations, cell phones, entertainment and in most areas of our lives. We too quickly become bored and need more. Our kids are even worse that we are in a lot of cases. I never had an iPhone to play games or watch movies on when we went for car rides. We had to find ways to occupy our time, like by drawing or playing the license plate game. I could play in the woods for hours with nothing more than a jackknife and a snack. My dad would do one of those big "two fingers in his mouth" whistles to get me to come back home for dinner, and I had to learn the same whistle to respond to let him know I was on my way.

I'm definitely on a soap box here, and I realize that my thoughts aren't everyone's, and that's ok. I've made major changes in my life to slow down, and the benefits are great!

It was kind of boring...still riddled with warnings, tsk tsks, guilt and I guess a good point...\

...then I got to the part about breathing...taking a breath...again and again...

...realizing, suddenly, they were suggesting we do it underwater. :lol:

8)

I could see it if the point of slowing down were to admire the woman's butt walking ahead of the camera from 0:09 to 0.11 :twisted:

:face:

Oh it was 3 minutes? Didn't really notice. But it's no news that I am generally a really slow-paced person.

I don't drive myself (no license), but when I have the chance I've always really enjoyed sitting in a car when my father drives. He never seems to be in a hurry, and if we get stuck in traffic, it's just more time to chat.

I thought it was a good ad with a very worthwile message, but being that its 3 minutes long I think the only peaple that would get the message are the ones that are slowing down already.

Seems like I'm one of the few who didn't think that three minutes was too long to stick with. I liked the advert a lot and thought they got the message across really well. Thanks for sharing.

flytyer":7qbwo670 said:
I thought it was a good ad with a very worthwile message, but being that its 3 minutes long I think the only peaple that would get the message are the ones that are slowing down already.
Guilty as charged, and well put! :D

The ad accomplished its purpose...it slowed me down. Here we have a brotherhood (and a few sisters) that promotes a hobby that from all the posts I read truly teaches us to slow down and enjoy life. I drive a Chrysler 300 with a hemi, a truly wonderful high-performance vehicle, in stop and go traffic to and from work everyday. I didn't really enjoy the drive until I developed a somewhat Zen attitude that as long as I wasn't going backwards it wasn't too bad. Driving can take a normally laid back, easy going fellow like myself and change me into an aggressive, competitive, speed junkie (no, not that kind of speed) hell bent on getting from point A to point B in the shortest time possible. At those times I completely miss the ground I cover. As I have aged I have learned to see more than just the road in front of me. I thought the point of the ad was well made and I appreciated watching it. Time for a pipe!