Best bang for the buck?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterE":auzom3td said:
Well, probably no S. Bang for the buck anyway, jajaja.

Seriously, check out Peterson, Stanwell, and Savinelli to start. They´re all well made and you can find something very decent between the $60 to $100 range.

Almost every reputable etailer or tobacco shop will have a variety of one or all three even...
You're killing me MisterE, good stuff.
But seriously, I don't think I can make any better suggestions. I do like to squirrel some cash away for "special" pipe purchases that may need to be made from time to time. You never know when that perfect pipe you just have to have may show up on EBAY, or some pipe forum's trade board...and it could be pricey.

Harlock999":fi5n05jz said:
MisterE":fi5n05jz said:

Seriously, check out Peterson, Stanwell, and Savinelli to start. They´re all well made and you can find something very decent between the $60 to $100 range.

Almost every reputable etailer or tobacco shop will have a variety of one or all three even...
But seriously, I don't think I can make any better suggestions. I do like to squirrel some cash away for "special" pipe purchases that may need to be made from time to time. You never know when that perfect pipe you just have to have may show up on EBAY, or some pipe forum's trade board...and it could be pricey.
How does the saying go?

A luxury is something you can´t afford but did....

Story of my ebay life.....

:oops:

Sasquatch":54wh7xwa said:
Ha ha you fool!

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders!
the first one being never to get involved in a land war in asia of course. 8)

Well seeing as I'm an impatient man...and hate spending to much time on eeeeebay. I have entered into an agreement with Mr. Sasquatch and commissioned the birthday pipe! Now I just have to wait for it....oh. Oh well it will be worth the wait! I'll post some pics when I get it!

Thanks all! You guys are great.

This way you are also guaranteed a grouchy, irritable seller, and that's not assured on ebay! :shock:

SmokeyTweed":ydnwg7wj said:
Sasquatch":ydnwg7wj said:
Ha ha you fool!

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders!
the first one being never to get involved in a land war in asia of course. 8)

Correct Smokey - 2 points!

I would echo everyones pick of Peterson, Stanwell and Savanelli. Two other brands that I would look into that have some very nice pipes IMHO (I own several of each) are Jirsa (Czech I believe) and Vauen (German). Both have nice pipes in the $80 to $100 range and quite a few U.S. online retailers sell them. In my experience they use good briar, engineering is just as good as the first three mentioned, easy to break in, and most importantly they are good smokers.

Going with a blend of a few of my dream pipes...and I guess we are calling it a full bent apple. Should be awesome!

In DeKalb...I'd make a visit to Jon's Pipe Shop in Urbana, IL. Their estate selection is huge and the folks there really know their stuff. They'll help you make a wise choice in your price range. My specific suggestion, ask to see their estate Savinelli Punto Oro collection first (I was looking through it just a few hours ago), then broaden your search from there, and don't be afraid to deal to get a lower price on something that draws your desire.

And...Pat, the owner, has some great custom tobacco blends for sale - try "Smoking Mixture" or "Hatch's Choice".

Steve

MisterE":zu0g66s5 said:
Harlock999":zu0g66s5 said:
MisterE":zu0g66s5 said:

How does the saying go?

A luxury is something you can´t afford but did....

Story of my ebay life.....

:oops:
I've never heard that one, but it is so very true!