Best blend in a really large bowl?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's trial was with a classic Burley from Pipeworks & Willke...Nut Brown Burley...mostly cubed and very nutty. But the evil Charatan Pot didn't like it at all! Gravity fill and a very light tamp...didn't help. Burned hot and rough...whereas in many of my other smalled pipes it really shines with a sweet lovely flavor.

I went out on a limb and ordered three blends that are totally new to me...just wanted to try something a little different. I've heard good things about John Patton's blends, so I punched up 4-Noggins and picked the following:

GOLD NUGGET MIXTURE, A combination of 5 Cube Cut Burleys and Deer Tongue, which gives this the slightest hint of Vanilla . Best packed using the gravity fill method.

MOE'S CONFETTI, A combination of Burleys give this a nutty and slightly sweet taste with a wonderful room note. Best smoked in a Corn Cob pipe.

and STORM FRONT, Two cube cut burleys combined with cigar leaf. Meaty,sweet, and smokey.

After studying up on things a bit the three sounded like a good cross section of John's handling of Burleys - plus whatever.

Any of you guys have any experience with any of 'em?