Best blends available in UK but NOT the US?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2386
  • Start date
Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 2386

Lads, Ladies, and Everyone In Between,

A good friend of mine will be in the UK next month (London, Brighton, and Oxford), and has generously offered to bring me back a tobacco or two. So my question is what do you recommend I ask her to find for me? It seems like even most GH stuff is available stateside nowadays, if you order online, and I'd definitely like to get something unique to the UK.

I don't care for Aros, though a few milder Lakeland flakes have floated my boat--mostly smoking Ginnys, VaBurs, and VaPers of late, though a good English/Oriental/Balkan/whatever is always appreciated. Are there any local tobacconists with unique house blends, or tins or pouches we can't get here for whatever reason? Are Semois pipe tobaccos available there?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Cheers,

GG

Esoterica Dunbar and or Dorchester, both vapers comes to mind.
Orlik Golden Sliced (green) I know we can't get here.

mgtarheel":hfs7t4od said:
J.F.Germain Rich Dark Flake, a must buy.
This is almost (if not exactly) identical to Esoterica's Stonehaven.

Cartaphilus":ynkzwkx4 said:
Esoterica Dunbar and or Dorchester, both vapers comes to mind.
Orlik Golden Sliced (green) I know we can't get here.
Never heard of OGS green. Whats the scoop on that?

See if you can get some of the Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake Plug. That is one I would love to try, but is not available on this side of the pond.

Dunbar and Dorchester from Esoterica (JF Germain) are both US only blends.

A couple that I would look for are

Erinmore - Balkan Blend
Momoyama
Cigar Connoisseur's - Circus Spun
McLintock - Syrian Latakia Blend
G&H - Revor Plug :drunken: 

Revor Plug :cyclops: 
Warrior :rabbit: 
Mick McQuaid Plug :tongue: 
St Bruno Flake or Ready Rubbed :D 

Of the above, Revor is very flavor forward and a fave of mine.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":lwo7ritx said:
If you ever have a burning desire for any of these, you can get them from mrsnuff.com

They are a little pricey, but Royal Air Shipping is quite reasonable. :D 

DrumsAndBeer":23si6mo1 said:
Brewdude":23si6mo1 said:
If you ever have a burning desire for any of these, you can get them from mrsnuff.com

They are a little pricey, but Royal Air Shipping is quite reasonable. :D 
Roger that. I've looked at their site before, and the prices aren't too much more than those purchased in the UK.

While in the UK, this is one tobacconist I've found to have one of the best selections. Prices seem to be pretty much the same no matter who you use though. Must be a UK thing.

http://www.smoke.co.uk/acatalog/Plug_Tobaccos.html

Here's another source worth considering. Glynn is also a member of BoB-

http://cigars.gauntleys.com/tobacco#

HTH

Cheers,

RR

DrumsAndBeer":i9hsd2mn said:
Dunbar and Dorchester from Esoterica (JF Germain) are both US only blends. 
I knew there available here but, didn't know they were ONLY available here. Just thought that them not be available right now it would be easier to get them there.:scratch: 

Will Mr. Snuff ship to the US? I thought he wouldn't. I feel like I keep hearing of online retailers in the UK who will but when I look into it they don't, so I'd love to be wrong.

My list would be:

Revor
St. Bruno
Condor
Highland Slices
Germain's Dark Flake - I have both this and Stonehaven and I find the Dark Flake to indeed be a bit different.

Thanks everyone, this is super helpful! I'll probably make her a shopping list with a dozen blends on it, and that way she can pick up a tin of this or a pouch of that even if she doesn't hit any major tobacconists. Have wanted to try St Bruno Flake for ages, and am curious about a lot of those plugs...

I'd hoped some of the old school places, like Fox of St. James or the Dunhill store might have some unique in-house blend that they didn't tin or export, but I guess those days are long past...

GrampaGrossbart":yn6c1aq9 said:
Thanks everyone, this is super helpful! I'll probably make her a shopping list with a dozen blends on it, and that way she can pick up a tin of this or a pouch of that even if she doesn't hit any major tobacconists. Have wanted to try St Bruno Flake for ages, and am curious about a lot of those plugs...

I'd hoped some of the old school places, like Fox of St. James or the Dunhill store might have some unique in-house blend that they didn't tin or export, but I guess those days are long past...
Your friend won't be able to buy ANY tobacco at the Dunhill store, they don't sell tobacco goods anymore. They will have to go to the White Spot store to get tobaccos ! :twisted: :twisted: 

Northern Neil":zxg45jmj said:
See if you can get some of the Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake Plug. That is one I would love to try, but is not available on this side of the pond.
This!

Cadfael":6k36dvv6 said:
Northern Neil":6k36dvv6 said:
This!
Synjeco carries it, but you will pay an arm and a leg for it. Well maybe just an arm.

Be prepared for high prices £12.00 per 50 grms.

=$20.00.:twisted: