Best Brown #2 Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Struck gold!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsmansbriar

Reaction score
It is not often that I have found a new tobacco that has struck me as this fantastic.

When I first started smoking a pipe, naturally I found plenty of blends I enjoyed, and a few that became a favorite. 'But that was close to two years ago. This past Friday I got to try some Best Brown #2 at the local B&M and wow my mind was blown. I am very happy to have found another blend I enjoy with such greatness.

Just thought i'd share in the happiness!

Welcome aboard the HMS GH&Co! Best Brown is a steady favorite of mine, too. A "good-natured" tobacco is how I put it. Not for everyone, but it does what it does so well. Keep plenty in the cellar.

Doc Manhattan":6uktkdjp said:
Welcome aboard the HMS GH&Co! Best Brown is a steady favorite of mine, too. A "good-natured" tobacco is how I put it. Not for everyone, but it does what it does so well. Keep plenty in the cellar.
Thank you for the welcome! haha! To be honest it's my first GH&Co blend, and I can say I am definitely a fan! "Good-natured" is a truly good definition of this blend. It's not for everyone like you mention, but for those that it is, it does provide great enjoyment.

I have the option to purchase some 10 yr old Best Brown No. 2 and I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with it with significant age?  Does it hold up well?  Improve over time?  It seems
most of their stuff ages great, but was curious nonetheless!

Thanks,

Scott

It's absolutely horrible you must secure it immediately and send it here to be properly destroyed per EPA regulations lol. In all seriousness it ages very well. You will want to get as much of it stocked up as you can as it is truly stunning with age.

Jim

Thanks Jim! Yeah, I picked up the max of what he had for sale (roughly 7 oz). Can’t wait to try it....still blown away by the 10 yr old Louisiana Flake I smoked the other day...

-Scott